Building Hyper-V infrastructure with secured multitenancy, flexible infrastructure, scalability, and high availability
- A complete step-by-step Hyper-V deployment guide, covering all Hyper-V features for configuration and management best practices.
- Understand multi-tenancy, flexible architecture, scalability, and high availability features of new Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V.
- Learn Hyper-V Replica, Hyper-V Extensible Virtual Switch, Virtual Machine Migration, Hyper-V Storage, Hyper-V Failover Clustering, and also System Center VMM and DPM for management, backup, and recovery.
Over a short span of time, server virtualization has been one of the most rapidly adopted technologies in IT business. Microsoft Hyper-V is a hardware-assisted hypervisor product, available as a server role in the Windows Server operating system. Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V provides cutting-edge server virtualization features for a scalable, flexible, and highly available virtual machine infrastructure.
"Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V: Deploying Hyper-V Enterprise Server Virtualization Platform" is a comprehensive guide, which starts itself from basic virtualization and server consolidation concepts, and then goes deeper for discussing advanced topics, such as a Hyper-V scalability, failover, and virtual machine migration. This book is an ideal choice for those who are stepping into Hyper-V world, and also for those who are experts in Hyper-V and want to advance their skills with the new Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V.
This book contains topics starting from introducing Hyper-V as a hypervisor, and then moves ahead with covering advanced topics, related to Hyper-V configuration and virtual machine management.
The book starts with getting to know Hyper-V, and then we discuss planning, designing, and the implementation of Hyper-V. It then goes with advanced topics such as Hyper-V Replica, Hyper-V Networking and Storage, Hyper-V High Availability, and so on.
"Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V: Deploying Hyper-V Enterprise Server Virtualization Platform" is an expert guide for discussing Hyper-V configuration and management topics.
What you will learn from this book
- Plan, design, and implement Hyper-V.
- Set up Hyper-V Replication.
- Understand Hyper-V Extensible virtual network switch.
- Get insight about Hyper-V virtual machine storage.
- Understand System Center Virtual Machine Manager for Hyper-V and private cloud fabric management.
- Master building Hyper-V high availability and understand virtual machine mobility.
- Learn Hyper-V backup and recovery methodologies for the Windows server backup feature and System Center Data Protection Manager.
- Consider Hyper-V security hardening best practices.
This books takes a comprehensive tutorial approach with plenty of screenshots and detailed step-by-step instructions.
Who this book is written for
This book is for Windows server administrators, who may not necessarily be familiar with Hyper-V, and also for existing Hyper-V administrators who want to advance their skills in Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Getting to Know Microsoft Hyper-V
Chapter 2: Planning, Designing, and Implementing Microsoft Hyper-V
Chapter 3: Setting Up Hyper-V Replication
Chapter 4: Understanding Hyper-V Networking
Chapter 5: A New World of Hyper-V Automation with PowerShell
Chapter 6: Insight into Hyper-V Storage
Chapter 7: Managing Hyper-V with System Center Virtual Machine Manager
Chapter 8: Building Hyper-V High Availability and Virtual Machine Mobility
Chapter 9: Hyper-V Security Hardening – Best Practices
Chapter 10: Performing Hyper-V Backup and Recovery
Appendix A: SCVMM 2012 New Features and Enhancements
Appendix B: SCVMM Management Console Configuration Settings