If you're looking for a straightforward, practical guide to get Azure websites up and running, then this is the book for you. This to-the-point guide provides you with the tools you need to move and maintain a website in the cloud. You'll discover the features that most affect developers and learn how they can be leveraged to work to your advantage. Accompanying projects enhance your learning experience and help you to walk away with a thorough understanding of Azure's supported technologies, site deployment, and management tools and how to monitor and scale their application.
- Addresses the creation, deployment, and scaling of applications
- Looks at supported project types and technologies
- Reviews source control integration and release management
- Walks you through scaling, configuring, and monitoring your site
- Provides a project built on the ASP.NET MVC framework that demonstrates many core features of Windows Azure websites
Windows Azure Websites is an ideal resource for anyone who develops web applications and wants to move them to the cloud.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. Introduction to Windows Azure and Fundamental Concepts
Chapter 2. Moving an Application to the Cloud
Chapter 3. Managing Deployments via Source Control
Chapter 4. Managing Windows Azure Web Sites from the Console
Chapter 5. Working with Other Flavors of Windows Azure Web Sites
Chapter 6. Using Peripheral Features with Windows Azure Web Sites
Chapter 7. Scaling, Configuring, and Monitoring Your Site
Chapter 8. Deploying and Configuring a Cloud Application