This year at WWDC, Apple introduced watchOS 2, which signifies a huge change for Apple Watch developers. Now, you can make native apps that run directly on your watch.
In this book, you'll learn how to make native apps for watchOS 2 the quick and easy way: through a series of fun and easy-to-read tutorials.
Who This Book Is For:
This book is for intermediate iOS developers who already know the basics of iOS and Swift 2 development but want to learn how to make Apple Watch apps for watchOS 2.
Topics Covered in watchOS 2 by Tutorials
- Hello, Apple Watch!: Dive straight in and build your first watchOS 2 app.
- UI Controls: Dig into the suite of interface objects that ship with WatchKit.
- Layout: Learn the layout system you’ll use to build the interfaces for your watchOS apps.
- Tables: Tables are the staple ingredient of almost any watchOS app - learn how to use them!
- Animation: Learn about the new watchOS 2 animation API.
- Glances: Give your users a quick and lightweight view of your app with glances.
- Notifications: Learn how to notify your users upon various events of interest.
- Complications: Learn how to make small elements of your app visibile on the watch face.
- Watch Connectivity: Learn about the new framework to communicate from a watch to a phone.
- And much more: Audio and Video, Core Motion, Handoff, HealthKit, Core Location, Networking, Haptic Feedback, and more!
One thing you can count on: after reading this book you'll have all the experience necessary to build rich and engaging apps for Apple's new Apple Watch platform.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Hello, Apple Watch!
Chapter 2: Architecture
Chapter 3: UI Controls
Chapter 4: Pickers
Chapter 5: Layout
Chapter 6: Navigation
Chapter 7: Tables
Chapter 8: Menus
Chapter 9: Animation
Chapter 10: Glances
Chapter 11: Notifications
Chapter 12: Complications
Chapter 13: Watch Connectivity
Chapter 14: Playing Audio and Video
Chapter 15: Advanced Layout
Chapter 16: Advanced Tables
Chapter 17: Advanced Animation
Chapter 18: Advanced Watch Connectivity
Chapter 19: Advanced Complications
Chapter 20: Handoff
Chapter 21: Core Motion
Chapter 22: HealthKit
Chapter 23: Core Location
Chapter 24: Networking
Chapter 25: Haptic Feedback
Chapter 26: Localization
Chapter 27: Accessibility
- Title: watchOS 2 by Tutorials: Making Apple Watch apps with watchOS 2 and Swift 2
- Author: Audrey Tam, Ben Morrow, Jack Wu, Matthew Morey, Ryan Nystrom, Scott Atkinson, Soheil Azarpour
- Length: 466 pages
- Edition: 1
- Language: English
- Publisher: Razeware LLC
- Publication Date: 2015-10-14
- ISBN-10: 1942878125
- ISBN-13: 9781942878124