About This Book
- First book in the market that provides a broad configuration and compliance management solution for your enterprise.
- Champion the skills of the latest features of VMware vRealize Configuration Manager and implement it in your organization.
- A recipe based approach book that will enlighten you to configure VCM to collect and manage data from your virtual and physical environment.
Who This Book Is For
If you are a system administrator who is eager to provide better administration with VCM and are familiar with managing network users and resources along with performing system maintenance, then this book is for you.
What You Will Learn
- Find out how to configure automated patching of your infrastructure for Windows as well Unix machines
- Maintain and upgrade your vRealize Configuration Manager
- Integrate with other VMware tools such as vCloud Director, vRealise Operations, vCenter, and vCloud Network and Security
- Understand what vRealize Configuration Manager is and what its capacities are
- Explore how vRealize Configuration Manager can be used for patching, compliance management, and software distribution
- Troubleshoot vRealize Configuration Manager with ease
VMware vRealize Configuration Manager (VCM) helps you to automate IT operations, manage performance, and gain visibility across physical and virtual infrastructure. It is continuously being used by enterprises to audit the configurations of the VMware infrastructure as well as the Windows, Linux, and UNIX operating systems.
This book is filled with practical recipes through which you will learn about the latest features of vRealize Configuration Manager 5.8.X, starting with installation of various tiers of VCM followed by configuration management across physical and virtual servers.
Throughout this book, you will explore how VCM can perform tasks such as patch management, compliance assessment, and software package distribution along with Machine filters for new platforms such as RHEL 7 and Windows 10. This book will ease your troubles while upgrading from the existing VCM to the latest version by providing you with step-by-step instructions about the process of migration along with upgrade and maintenance support. This book will help you understand how to integrate vRealize Configuration with other applications along with schedule management and also guide you on how to handle security issues.
After reading this book, you will have a clear understanding of how VCM fits in the overall picture of the data center design from a patching and compliance perspective.
Style and approach
This book takes a recipe-based approach that will provide you with an effective and a practical configuration management solution for your enterprise.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. Installing VCM
Chapter 2. Configuring VCM to Manage Your Infrastructure
Chapter 3. Linux Patching
Chapter 4. Windows Patching
Chapter 5. Software Provisioning for Windows
Chapter 6. Compliance Management
Chapter 7. Maintenance of VCM
Chapter 8. Integration with vROps and Scheduling
Chapter 9. Troubleshooting VCM
Chapter 10. Defining Naming Conventions
Chapter 11. Understanding VCM Console