Over 75 recipes to help you create powerful custom pages, simplify data-entry, and enrich the Salesforce user interface
- Provide an enhanced user experience with dynamically generated, reactive pages
- Access data over additional channels via public web sites and mobile pages
- Packed with easy to follow recipes, including step-by-step instructions and Apex/Visualforce code downloads
Visualforce, in conjunction with Apex, makes it easy to develop sophisticated, custom UIs for Force.com desktop and mobile apps without having to write thousands of lines of code and markup. The "Dynamic Binding" feature of Visualforce lets you develop generic Visualforce pages to display information related to the records without necessarily knowing which data fields to show. This is accomplished through a formula-like syntax, which makes it simple to manage even a complex hierarchy of records.
"Visualforce Development Cookbook" provides solutions for a variety of challenges faced by Salesforce developers and demonstrates how easy it is to build rich, interactive pages using Visualforce. Whether you are looking to make a minor addition to the standard page functionality or override it completely, this book will provide you with the required help throughout.
"Visualforce Development Cookbook" provides lots of practical examples to enhance and extend the Salesforce user interface.
What you will learn from this book
- Write effective controller tests
- Maintain multiple records from a single page
- Produce re-usable components for utility functions
- Create custom charts to visualize single or multiple sets of data
- Redraw part of a page in response to user input
- Replace standard components with custom, brandable versions
- Provide access to data via a public website
- Allow users to create and retrieve data from a mobile device
"Visualforce Development Cookbook" is written in such a way that even complex concepts are explained in an easy-to-understand manner. Following a Cookbook structure, the book covers some essential technical scenarios and includes over 75 recipes focusing on real-world development problems. This book is packed with illustrations and also contains lots of code samples for the better understanding of the reader.
Who this book is written for
"Visualforce Development Cookbook" is aimed at developers who have already grasped the basics of Visualforce. Awareness of the standard component library and the purpose of controllers is expected.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: General Utilities
Chapter 2: Custom Components
Chapter 3: Capturing Data Using Forms
Chapter 4: Managing Records
Chapter 5: Managing Multiple Records
Chapter 6: Visualforce Charts
Chapter 8: Force.com Sites
Chapter 9: jQuery Mobile