Using Mac OS Mavericks is the essential guide to using a computer running Mavericks, providing a complete resource for both the beginner and the enthusiast.
Techniques are step-by-step using photography and screen prints throughout, together with concise, easy to follow text from an established expert in the field, provide a comprehensive guide to Apple Macs.
Whether you have just bought your first Mac, switched from Windows, or are a keen computer user, this book will provide you with a firm grasp of the underpinning foundations and equip you with the skills needed to use a Mac like a pro.
What you’ll learn
- New features in mavericks
- Setting up your Mac,
- The interface, docs, finders,
- Dashboards and widgets
- Mac App Store, iCloud and spotlight
- Security considerations
- Keeping your data safe
- The time machine backup system
- Setting up wifi, internet and email
- Creating stunning presentations,
- Writing beautiful looking documents,
- Organising your favourite music into playlists, onto your iPod or burning a CD to play in the car.
- Storing, organising and manipulating your photos
- Creating photo albums and slideshows
- Editing your home movies using iMovie
- And more.
Who this book is for
This book is for those who are new to Mac OS X Mavericks and even to those who may be new to Mac OS altogether.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. Introducing Mavericks
Chapter 2. The Cloud
Chapter 3. Mac App Store
Chapter 4. Time Machine
Chapter 5. Security
Chapter 6. Using the Internet
Chapter 7. Apple E-Mail
Chapter 8. Calendar
Chapter 9. Using iTunes
Chapter 10. iPhoto
Chapter 11. Using iMovie
Chapter 12. Pages '09
Chapter 13. Keynote
Chapter 14. Giving Presentations