Learn how to use your Kindle Fire with ease and no jargon. Clear, concise, short and to the point... Using Kindle Fire HD, is the essential guide to getting around Amazon’s tablet/e-book reader. This book explores setting up your new Kindle and registering; navigating around the interface and what all the buttons, lists and icons are for; configuring your WiFi; keeping your kids safe when they use the device with parental controls; setting up, sending and receiving emails using Yahoo, Gmail or Hotmail; and browsing the web with the new version of Amazon Silk.
This book also looks at the relationship of your device to cloud storage; buying and downloading games and apps from the Amazon App Store; buying and reading books; buying and listening to music; transferring your own tunes from your PC; sending documents to your Kindle Fire. Furthermore, this book shows you how to watch videos, use YouTube, and project movies onto your TV from Kindle.
Lastly, you learn how to use the built-in camera; share photos with your friends on Facebook; and Skype. Techniques are illustrated step-by-step using photography and screen prints throughout, together with concise, easy to follow text from an established expert in the field, provide a quick guide to the Kindle Fire.
Whether you have just bought your first Kindle or a keen user, this brief book will provide you with a firm grasp of the underpinning foundations and equip you with the skills needed to use a Kindle Fire.
What youll learn
- How to set up your new Kindle and register it
- How to navigate around the interface and what all the buttons, lists and icons are for
- How to configure your WiFi
- How to keep your kids safe when they use the device
- How to set up, send and receive emails using Yahoo, Gmail or Hotmail
- How to browse the web with the new version of Amazon Silk
- How to download and play or work with your games and apps from the Amazon Appstore
- How to buy music and transfer your own tunes from your PC,
- How to send documents to your Kindle
- How to listen to music
- How to watch videos, YouTube on your TV; and watch movies on your TV from Kindle
- How to use built-in camera
- How to share photos with your friends on Facebook
- How to browse the book store and read a good book
- How to Skype on the Kindle HD and more...
Who this book is for
This brief book is for the casual or business user who wants to learn and use their Kindle Fire HD Android tablet.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1.Kindle Fire Features
Chapter 2. The Initial Set Up
Chapter 3. The Kindle Fire home screen
Chapter 4. The Setup Screen
Chapter 5. Using Your Kindle
Chapter 6. Device & Cloud Storage
Chapter 7. Games & Apps
Chapter 8. Books
Chapter 9. Music
Chapter 10. Photographs and the Camera
Chapter 11. Browsing the Web
Chapter 12. Setting Up E-Mail
Chapter 13. Quickoffice, Calendar and Skype
Chapter 14. Watching Videos
Chapter 15. Adding Your Music
Chapter 16. Parental Controls
Chapter 17. Send Documents to the Kindle