Finally bridge the gap between software-specific instruction and the world of classical animation with this easy to utilize, one-of-a-kind reference guide. With great relevance for today's digital workflows, Richard Lapidus presents innovative 3ds Max controls to the classical principles of animation like squash and stretch, anticipation, staging and more. Move beyond these fundamental techniques and explore both the emotion and technical sides of animation with character appeal and rigging. Features a robust companion web sites that include demonstrations, project files, links to further resources, available at www.tradigital3dsmax.com.
- Trusted 3ds Max authority, Richard Lapidus has 15 years of experience teaching this subject to Fortune 500 companies as a Certified Instructor, and entry-level students as a Tenured Professor.
- The "Tradigital" promise of offering specific tool-set instruction and connecting it with the classical principles of animation that all great animators need to know.
- Faced with so many tools, students spend most of their time learning how to model, yet never actually learn what it means to breathe life into their work. This book shows how to enhance the process of animation using traditional techniques which have captivated viewers of animation for decades.
- Animators will learn how to: make the camera an integral participant in the scene, use overlapping motion to create more realistic animation, use the graphic editors to examine timing and enhance the flow of your projects.
- Several obstacle files will be provided with practical solutions, so that animators can learn what NOT to do.
- Ready-made models will be provided so that animators can practice techniques as they follow the clear tutorials presented.
- Companion web site offers: all tutorials/projects, plus camtasia created flash videos showing necessary click-throughs.