In The Book of Inkscape, core Inkscape developer Dmitry Kirsanov shares his design experience and knowledge of Inkscape's inner workings as he walks you through the basics of using the program: drawing, working with objects, transformations and styling, adding text and shapes, and more. Kirsanov couples his detailed explanations with step-by-step tutorials that show you how to create business cards, animations, and technical and artistic drawings.
In addition to the basics, Kirsanov teaches you how to:
- Navigate the canvas and customize your workspace and views
- Create new objects and then transform, style, clone, and combine them
- Use drawing tools, strokes, and Bézier curves
- Use gradients, patterns, filters, and path effects to liven up your work
- Use the XML Editor to view and manipulate the structure of your artwork
- Work with layers, groups, object order, and locks to control your images
- Export your artwork to various formats
This practical guide will show you how to harness Inkscape's powerful features to produce anything from a child's doodle to high-end, professional design projects. Now go ahead and draw something fun.