Cut through the noise and get real results with a step-by-step approach to learning about SQL data analysis
- Ideal for SQL beginners who are getting started with data analytics for the first time
- A step-by-step SQL tutorial with exercises and activities that help build key skills
- Structured to let you progress at your own pace, on your own terms
- Use your physical print copy to redeem free access to the online interactive edition
You already know that you want to learn data analysis with SQL, and a smarter way to learn is to learn by doing. The Applied SQL Data Analytics Workshop focuses on building up your practical skills so that you can navigate and compose custom reports like an expert data analyst. You'll learn from real examples that lead to real results.
Throughout The Applied SQL Data Analytics Workshop, you'll take an engaging step-by-step approach to understand data analytics with SQL. You won't have to sit through any unnecessary theory. You can jump into a single exercise each day if you're short on time, or you can spend an entire weekend tinkering with SQLAlchemy and Python. It's your choice. Learning on your terms, you'll build up and reinforce key skills in a way that feels rewarding.
Every physical print copy of The Applied SQL Data Analytics Workshop unlocks access to the interactive edition. With videos detailing all exercises and activities, you'll always have a guided solution. You can also benchmark yourself against assessments, track progress, and receive content updates. You'll even earn a secure credential that you can share and verify online upon completion. It's a premium learning experience that's included with your printed copy. To redeem, follow the instructions located at the start of your book.
Fast-paced and direct, The Applied SQL Data Analytics Workshop is the ideal companion for SQL beginners. You'll perform SQL queries like a professional data scientist, learning along the way. This process means that you'll find that your new skills stick, embedded as best practice. A solid foundation for the years ahead.
What you will learn
- Experiment with data analytics using basic and advanced queries
- Learn data interpretation through descriptive statistics and aggregate functions
- Export data from outside sources using powerful SQL queries
- Discover how to work with and manipulate data using SQL joins and constraints
- Speed up your data analysis workflow by automating tasks and optimizing queries
- Discover different advanced analytics techniques, including geospatial and text analysis
Who this book is for
Our goal at Packt is to help you be successful, in whatever it is you choose to do. The Applied SQL Data Analytics Workshop is an ideal tutorial for the beginner who wants to perform data analysis with SQL and is just getting started. Pick up a Workshop today, and let Packt help you develop skills that stick with you for life.
Table of Contents
- Introduction to SQL for Analytics
- SQL for Data Preparation
- Aggregate and Window Functions
- Importing and Exporting Data
- Analytics Using Complex Data Types
- Performant SQL
- The Scientific Methods and Applied Problem Solving