- Learn how to integrate Amazon's Simple Storage Services with AI and NLP projects
- Get to grips with serverless computing and its applications
- Create intelligent applications such as chatbots and image recognition models
Are you fascinated with applications like Alexa and Siri and how they accurately process information within seconds before returning accurate results? Are you looking for a practical guide that will teach you how to build intelligent applications that can revolutionize the world of artificial intelligence? The Applied AI and NLP Workshop will take you on a practical journey where you will learn how to build artificial intelligence (AI) and natural language processing (NLP) applications with Amazon Web services (AWS).
Starting with an introduction to AI and machine learning, this book will explain how Amazon S3, or Amazon Simple Storage Service, works. You'll then integrate AI with AWS to build serverless services and use Amazon's NLP service Comprehend to perform text analysis on a document. As you advance, the book will help you get to grips with topic modeling to extract and analyze common themes on a set of documents with unknown topics. You'll also work with Amazon Lex to create and customize a chatbot for task automation and use Amazon Rekognition for detecting objects, scenes, and text in images.
By the end of The Applied AI and NLP Workshop, you'll be equipped with the knowledge and skills needed to build scalable intelligent applications with AWS.
What you will learn
- Grasp the fundamentals of AI, ML, and AWS
- Explore the AWS command line, its interface, and its applications
- Import and export data to Amazon S3
- Perform topic modeling on a set of documents to analyze common themes
- Develop a custom chatbot to get the latest stock market quotes
- Create a personal call center and connect it to the chatbot
Who this book is for
If you are a machine learning enthusiast, data scientist, or programmer who wants to explore AWS's artificial intelligence and machine learning capabilities, this book is for you. Although not necessary, a basic understanding of AI and NLP will assist with grasping key topics quickly.
Table of Contents
- An Introduction to AWS
- Analyzing Documents and Text with Natural Language Processing
- Topic Modeling and Theme Extraction
- Conversational Artificial Intelligence
- Using Speech with the Chatbot
- Computer Vision and Image Processing
- Title: The Applied AI and Natural Language Processing Workshop: Explore practical ways to transform your simple projects into powerful intelligent applications
- Author: Jeffrey Jackovich, Krishna Sankar, Ruze Richards
- Length: 384 pages
- Edition: 1
- Language: English
- Publisher: Packt Publishing
- Publication Date: 2020-07-27
- ISBN-10: 180020874X
- ISBN-13: 9781800208742