The Apple Photos Book for Photographers: Building Your Digital Darkroom with Photos and Its Powerful Editing Extensions
Apple’s Photos for OS X app was designed from the ground up to help you organize, edit, and share your pictures and videos. While the interface appears simple, finding the hidden nuances of Photos is not so straightforward. There's more to this app than initially meets the eye.
For photographers who are more than just casual snapshooters, or who are making the transition from Aperture or iPhoto, The Apple Photos Book for Photographers by Derrick Story shines a light on the true sophistication of this app and the ecosystem it taps into. From the point of view of a working photographer, Derrick provides everything you need to know to get the most out of the imaging tools built into Mac OS X and iCloud.
Follow along with Derrick as he teaches you all about:
- Customizing the interface for organizing and viewing your images
- The thinking behind viewing options such as Moments, Collections, Years, and Albums
- Working with iCloud Photo Library to sync your photos across your devices
- Adding location data to your images so you can map your travels with your photos
- Editing your images with Photos’ basic tools, yes, then going beyond with more advanced techniques
- Integrating third-party Editing Extensions into your workflow so you can build a digital darkroom tailored to your style of photography
- Creating projects such as books, cards, calendars, prints, and slideshows―and showing you how to create your own Fine Art Cards at home with just your Mac and an inkjet printer.
- Working with videos as well as still photos
- Sharing your images on social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, and Flickr
Apple’s Photos is a robust, all-in-one solution for managing, editing, and sharing your photos. And The Apple Photos Book for Photographers is all you need to make the most of this great imaging ecosystem!
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 First Things First
Chapter 2 Finding Your Way Around
Chapter 3 Make It Yours
Chapter 4 Organizing Your Images
Chapter 5 Basic Editing Techniques
Chapter 6 Advanced Editing Techniques
Chapter 7 Editing Extensions
Chapter 8 Outside the Mac
Chapter 9 Geotagging and Metadata
Chapter 10 Projects and Prints