Covering all the essential components of Unix/Linux, including process management, concurrent programming, timer and time service, file systems and network programming, this textbook emphasizes programming practice in the Unix/Linux environment. Systems Programming in Unix/Linux is intended as a textbook for systems programming courses in technically-oriented Computer Science/Engineering curricula that emphasize both theory and programming practice. The book contains many detailed working example programs with complete source code. It is also suitable for self-study by advanced programmers and computer enthusiasts.
Systems programming is an indispensable part of Computer Science/Engineering education. After taking an introductory programming course, this book is meant to further knowledge by detailing how dynamic data structures are used in practice, using programming exercises and programming projects on such topics as C structures, pointers, link lists and trees.
- This book provides a wide range of knowledge about computer system
- software and advanced programming skills, allowing readers to interface with operating
- system kernel, make efficient use of system resources and develop application software.
- It also prepares readers with the needed background to pursue advanced studies in
- Computer Science/Engineering, such as operating systems, embedded systems, database
- systems, data mining, artificial intelligence, computer networks, network security,
- distributed and parallel computing.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Introduction
Chapter 2: Programming Background
Chapter 3: Process Management in Unix/Linux
Chapter 4: Concurrent Programming
Chapter 5: Timers and Time Service
Chapter 6: Signals and Signal Processing
Chapter 7: File Operations
Chapter 8: System Calls for File Operations
Chapter 9: Library I/O Functions
Chapter 10: Sh Programming
Chapter 11: EXT2 File System
Chapter 12: Block Device I/O and Buffer Management
Chapter 13: TCP/IP and Network Programming
Chapter 14: MySQL Database System
Book DownloadTry Audible and Get 2 Free Audiobooks »
|Download Link||Format||Size (MB)||Upload Date|
|Direct download (Recommended!)||True PDF, EPUB||41.3||05/01/2019|
|Download from NitroFlare||True PDF, EPUB||41.3||03/01/2019|
|Download from UsersCloud||True PDF, EPUB||41.2||09/02/2018|
|Download from UsersCloud||True PDF, EPUB||41.3||01/09/2019|