Stay motivated and overcome obstacles while learning to use Swift Playgrounds and Xcode 10.2 to become a great iOS developer. This book, fully updated for Swift 5, is perfect for those with no programming background, those with some programming experience but no object-oriented experience, or those that have a great idea for an app but haven’t programmed since school.
Many people have a difficult time believing they can learn to write iOS apps. Swift 5 for Absolute Beginners will show you how to do so. You'll learn Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) and be introduced to User Interface (UI) design following Apple’s Human Interface Guidelines (HIG) using storyboards and the Model-View-Controller (MVC) pattern before moving on to write your own iPhone and Apple Watch apps from scratch.
What You’ll Learn
- Work with Swift classes, properties, and functions
- Examine proper User Interface (UI) and User Experience (UX) design
- Understand Swift data types: integers, floats, strings, and booleans
- Use Swift data collections: arrays and dictionaries
- Review Boolean logic, comparing data, and flow control
- Use the Xcode debugger to troubleshoot problems with your apps
- Store data in local app preferences and Core Data databases
Who This Book Is For
Anyone who wants to learn to develop apps for the Mac, iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch using the Swift programming language. No previous programming experience is necessary.