Facebook's React powers an increasing amount of sites. There is a good reason for this. It simplifies frontend development greatly. Combined with Webpack, a bundling tool, you have a powerful frontend development environment in your hands.
SurviveJS - Webpack and React shows you how to build a simple Kanban application based on these technologies. During the process you will learn to:
- Set up a Webpack based development and production environment. You will learn to get most out of babel-plugin-hot-transform and Babel for development.
- Improve the quality of your code by using ESLint and friends to spot possible mistakes earlier.
- Get into the React mindset while learning the basics of Alt, an implementation of the Flux Application Architecture.
- Style your React application in various emerging ways.
- Implement drag and drop for your application using React DnD.
In addition the Amazon edition contains exclusive chapters showing you how to:
- Deal with typing in React.
- Test your React application in various ways.
Most of the book content is available online at survivejs.com. By buying this book you support the development of further content.
Table of Contents
Part I Setting Up Webpack
Chapter 1 Webpack Compared
Chapter 2 Developing with Webpack
Chapter 3 Webpack and React
Part II Developing a Kanban Application
Chapter 4 Implementing a Basic Note Application
Chapter 5 React and Flux
Chapter 6 From Notes to Kanban
Chapter 7 Implementing Drag and Drop
Chapter 8 Building Kanban
Part III Advanced Techniques
Chapter 9 Testing React
Chapter 10 Typing with React
Chapter 11 Linting in Webpack
Chapter 12 Authoring Packages
Chapter 13 Styling React