Leverage this rich framework to develop efficient applications and services in no time
- Learn key skills for building complete professional Java applications
- Develop your own blogging application as you learn core concepts
- Master the core concepts of Spring Boot with hands-on exercises and activities
Spring Boot 2 Fundamentals begins with the basics of Spring Boot. You will write and test simple code using the Spring Framework and then use these skills to learn advanced concepts, such as creating an HTML-based frontend with dynamic data and HTML forms. As you make your way through the chapters, you will create a simple web interface to display blog posts, list all articles, along with creating and editing blog articles. You will work with the REST API functionality that Spring Boot offers and secure your blog application.
By the end of this book, you will have learned how to persist your blog posts in a database, bringing everything together as a web application.
What you will learn
- Create your own Spring Boot application from scratch
- Write comprehensive unit tests for your applications
- Store data in a relational database
- Build your own RESTful API with Spring Boot
- Developa rich web interface for your applications
- Secure your application with Spring Security
Who this book is for
Spring Boot 2 Fundamentals is for you if you want to create modern web applications or RESTful services with Java. You should at least have basic knowledge of Java and know how to compile an application with a given POM file with Maven. You don't need to be an HTML expert, but you should know how HTML works and how to keep a file XML/XHTML compliant.