Build, secure, and deploy real-world serverless applications in AWS and peek into the serverless cloud offerings from Azure, Google Cloud, and IBM Cloud
- Build serverless applications with AWS Lambda, AWS CloudFormation and AWS CloudWatch
- Perform data analytics and natural language processing(NLP)on the AWS serverless platform
- Explore various design patterns and best practices involved in serverless computing
Managing physical servers will be a thing of the past once you're able to harness the power of serverless computing. If you're already prepped with the basics of serverless computing, Serverless Programming Cookbook will help you take the next step ahead. This recipe-based guide provides solutions to problems you might face while building serverless applications.
You'll begin by setting up Amazon Web Services (AWS), the primary cloud provider used for most recipes. The next set of recipes will cover various components to build a Serverless application including REST APIs, database, user management, authentication, web hosting, domain registration, DNS management, CDN, messaging, notifications and monitoring. The book also introduces you to the latest technology trends such as Data Streams, Machine Learning and NLP. You will also see patterns and practices for using various services in a real world application. Finally, to broaden your understanding of Serverless computing, you'll also cover getting started guides for other cloud providers such as Azure, Google Cloud Platform and IBM cloud.
By the end of this book, you'll have acquired the skills you need to build serverless applications efficiently using various cloud offerings.
What you will learn
- Serverless computing in AWS and explore services with other clouds
- Develop full-stack apps with API Gateway, Cognito, Lambda and DynamoDB
- Web hosting with S3, CloudFront, Route 53 and AWS Certificate Manager
- SQS and SNS for effective communication between microservices
- Monitoring and troubleshooting with CloudWatch logs and metrics
- Explore Kinesis Streams, Amazon ML models and Alexa Skills Kit
Who this book is for
For developers looking for practical solutions to common problems while building a serverless application, this book provides helpful recipes. To get started with this intermediate-level book, knowledge of basic programming is a must.
Table of Contents
- Getting Started with Serverless Computing on AWS
- Building Serverless REST APIs with API Gateway
- Data Storage with Amazon DynamoDB
- Application Security with Amazon Cognito
- Web Hosting with S3, Route53, and CloudFront
- Messaging and Notifications with SQS and SNS
- Redshift, Amazon ML, and Alexa Skills
- Monitoring and Alerting with Amazon CloudWatch
- Serverless Programming Practices and Patterns
- Other Cloud Providers