Serverless Architectures with AWS: Discover how you can migrate from tradtional deployments to serverless architectures with AWS
Create and run your own serverless applications is the statement of purpose of this book. Using an event-driven approach and AWS Lambda as primary service, the book will explain the main benefits of serverless architectures, such as high availability, security, performance, and scalability.
- Find out what the serverless paradigm is all about
- Discover the main use cases for serverless architectures
- Learn the main benefits and disadvantages of going serverless on AWS
Serverless Architectures on AWS is an example-driven book that teaches you how to build serverless applications on AWS, applications that do not require the developer to provision, scale or manage any servers. Using an event-driven approach and AWS Lambda as primary service, the book will explain the main benefits of serverless architectures. By the end of the book, you will be ready to create and run your first serverless application that takes advantage of the high availability, security, performance, and scalability of AWS and you will be able to focus on your product instead of worrying about managing and operating servers to run it.
What you will learn
- Explore the services AWS provides
- Set up different AWS services while making your application scalable and highly available
- Deploy a static website with a serverless architecture
- Build your first serverless web application
- Understand how a traditional web application changes once deployed as a serverless one
Who This Book Is For
No AWS experience is assumed but the book is targeted to technical professionals. Examples will be provided using Java or Node.js but AWS provides SDKs for other programming languages, including Python and .NET. These languages are supported by the AWS Lambda functions too.