Build web applications for Apple iOS and Google Android touchscreen devices with this first HTML5 mobile framework
- Learn to develop web applications that look and feel native on Apple iOS and Google Android touchscreen devices using Sencha Touch through examples
- Design resolution-independent and graphical representations like buttons, icons, and tabs of unparalleled flexibility
- Add custom events like tap, double tap, swipe, tap and hold, pinch, and rotate
- Plenty of well-explained sample code with the essential screenshots added in for thorough understanding
To summarize, the book has all the necessary approach and content for a beginner to Sencha Touch to grow into an ace quickly and easily.
Exploit Sencha Touch - a cross-platform library aimed at next generation, touch-enabled devices
What you will learn from this book
- Make use of technologies such as HTML5 and CSS3 to provide native-quality application experiences without the need for plugins
- Create a sample application using Sencha Touch libraries and framework for Apple iOS and Google Android
- Insert beautiful, symbolic icons essential for mobile development
- Efficiently use the list of components available in Sencha Touch framework libraries such as scrollable list view and toolbars
- Add custom touch events like tap, double tap, swipe, tap and hold, pinch, and rotate
- Create flexible animations between screens and views
- Format your documents with CSS stylesheets
- Build exciting CSS3 transitions and animations which create a robust visual experience rivaling Flash or even desktop applications
- Quickly put together simple components backed by the data package
- Learn about web storage features to store data offline
This book is a step-by-step tutorial aimed at beginners to Sencha Touch. There is ready sample code explained with essential screenshots for better and quicker understanding.
Who this book is written for
This book is ideal for anyone who wants to gain the practical knowledge involved in using Sencha Touch mobile web application framework to make attractive web apps for mobiles. If you have some familiarity with HTML and CSS, then this book is for you. This book will give designers the skills they need to implement their ideas, and provides developers with creative inspiration through practical examples. It is assumed that you know how to use touch screens, touch events, WebKit on mobile systems, Apple iOS, and Google Android for Mobiles.