Selenium WebDriver Quick Start Guide: Write clear, readable, and reliable tests with Selenium WebDriver 3
- Learn Selenium from the ground up
- Design your own testing framework
- Create reusable functionality in your framework
Selenium WebDriver is a platform-independent API for automating the testing of both browser and mobile applications. It is also a core technology in many other browser automation tools, APIs, and frameworks. This book will guide you through the WebDriver APIs that are used in automation tests.
Chapter by chapter, we will construct the building blocks of a page object model framework as you learn about the required Java and Selenium methods and terminology.
The book starts with an introduction to the same-origin policy, cross-site scripting dangers, and the Document Object Model (DOM). Moving ahead, we'll learn about XPath, which allows us to select items on a page, and how to design a customized XPath. After that, we will be creating singleton patterns and drivers. Then you will learn about synchronization and handling pop-up windows. You will see how to create a factory for browsers and understand command design patterns applicable to this area.
At the end of the book, we tie all this together by creating a framework and implementing multi-browser testing with Selenium Grid.
What you will learn
- Understand what an XPath is and how to design a customized XPath
- Learn how to create a Maven project and build
- Create a Singleton driver
- Get to grips with Jenkins integration
- Create a factory for browsers
- Implement multi-browser testing with Selenium Grid
- Report using Extent Reports
Who this book is for
This book is for software testers or developers.
Table of Contents
- Introducing Selenium WebDriver and Environment Setup
- Understanding the Document Object Model and creating customized x-paths
- Basic Selenium Commands and Their Usage in Building a Framework
- Handling Popups, Frames, and Alerts
- The Command Pattern and Creating Components
- Hybrid Framework