Kaplan's SAT Prep Plus 2018 teaches you the ins and outs of the SAT and offers extra study plans, online practice and video lessons to make sure you're ready for Test Day. With clear explanations, detailed subject review and more than 1,400 practice questions, SAT Prep Plus 2018 helps you master Kaplan's proven strategies and adopt the confident mindset that will help you ace the test and give your college applications a boost!
Kaplan is so certain that SAT Prep Plus 2018 offers the guidance you need that we guarantee it: After studying with the online resources and book, you'll score higher on the SAT—or you'll get your money back.
Get everything in the SAT Prep 2018 package, plus three more practice tests, 650 additional practice questions, more than a dozen timed quizzes, and 15 video lessons from our all-star team of SAT masters.
With SAT Prep Plus 2018 you can study on-the-go. Log in from anywhere to watch video lessons, complete quizzes and take practice tests that are optimized for your mobile device.
The Best Practice
- More than 1,400 practice questions with detailed explanations, including brand new questions for this edition.
- Five full-length Kaplan practice tests: two in the book and three online.
- Expert scoring, analysis, and explanations for two official College Board SAT Practice Tests.
- Detailed chapters teach you The Kaplan Method strategies for each test section, including special techniques for the optional essay.
- In-depth sections on each question type and math skill, with practice questions for each.
- Kaplan's SmartPoints system helps you identify how many points you're likely to earn when you master each topic.
- Questions have been reviewed, revised and updated for 2017-2018 by Kaplan's all-star expert faculty.
- We know the test: Our Learning Engineers have put tens of thousands of hours into studying the SAT – using real data to design the most effective strategies and study plans.
- Kaplan's expert psychometricians make sure our practice questions and study materials are true to the test.
- We invented test prep—Kaplan (www.kaptest.com) has been helping students for almost 80 years, and more than 95% of our students get into their top-choice schools. Our proven strategies have helped legions of students achieve their dreams.
Want even more practice, extra tips, and Kaplan lessons on DVD? Try our biggest book available: SAT: Total Prep 2018.
The previous edition of this book was titled SAT Premier 2017.
Table of Contents
Part One: Math
Unit One: Math Introduction
Chapter 1: Prerequisite Skills and Calculator Usage
Unit Two: Heart of Algebra
Chapter 2: The Kaplan Method for Math and Linear Equations
Chapter 3: Systems of Equations
Chapter 4: Linear Inequalities and Systems of Inequalities
Unit Three: Problem Solving and Data Analysis
Chapter 5: Rates, Ratios, Proportions, and Percentages
Chapter 6: Scatterplots
Chapter 7: Two-way Tables, Statistics, and Probability
Unit Four: Passport to Advanced Math
Chapter 8: Exponents, Radicals, Polynomials, and Rational Expressions and Equations
Chapter 9: Functions
Chapter 10: Quadratic Equations
Unit Five: Additional Topics in Math
Chapter 11: Geometry
Chapter 12: Imaginary Numbers and Trigonometry
Part Two: Evidence-Based Reading and Writing
Unit Six: Reading
Chapter 13: The Kaplan Method for Reading Comprehension and Reading Test Passage Types
Chapter 14: Synthesis Questions and the Kaplan Method for Infographics
Chapter 15: Global and Command of Evidence Questions
Chapter 16: Connections and Vocab-in-Context Questions
Chapter 17: Rhetoric Questions
Chapter 18: Detail and Inference Questions
Unit Seven: Expression of Ideas
Chapter 19: The Kaplan Methods for Writing and Language and Infographics
Chapter 20: Organization
Chapter 21: Development
Chapter 22: Effective Language Use
Unit Eight: Standard English Conventions
Chapter 23: Sentence Structure
Chapter 24: Conventions of Usage
Chapter 25: Conventions of Punctuation
Part Three: The Essay
Unit Nine: The Essay
Chapter 26: The Kaplan Method for the SAT Essay
Chapter 27: Reading, Analyzing, and Writing the SAT Essay
Part Four: Review
Chapter 28: Putting It All Together
Part Five: Practice Tests
Part Six: Answers and Explanations