Thoroughly updated and expanded! Includes new coverage on HANA, the cloud, and using SAP’s applications!
In just 24 sessions of one hour or less, you’ll get up and running with the latest SAP technologies, applications, and solutions. Using a straightforward, step-by-step approach, each lesson strengthens your understanding of SAP from both a business and technical perspective, helping you gain practical mastery from the ground up on topics such as security, governance, validations, release management, SLA, and legal issues.
Step-by-step instructions carefully walk you through the most common questions, issues, and tasks.
Quizzes and exercises help you build and test your knowledge.
Notes present interesting pieces of information.
Tips offer advice or teach an easier way to do something.
Cautions advise you about potential problems and help you steer clear of disaster.
Learn how to…
- Understand SAP terminology, concepts, and solutions
- Install SAP on premises or in the cloud
- Master SAP’s revamped user interface
- Discover how and when to use in-memory HANA databases
- Integrate SAP Software as a Service (SaaS) solutions such as Ariba, Successfactors, Fieldglass, and hybris
- Find resources at SAP’s Service Marketplace, Developer Network, and Help Portal
- Avoid pitfalls in SAP project implementation, migration, and upgrades
- Discover how SAP fits with mobile devices, social media, big data, and the Internet of Things
- Start or accelerate your career working with SAP technologies
Table of Contents
Part I: Introduction to SAP
Hour 1. SAP Explained
Hour 2. SAP Business Basics
Hour 3. SAP Technology Basics
Hour 4. SAP Project Basics
Part II: SAP Applications and Components
Hour 5. Overview of SAP Applications and Components
Hour 6. SAP NetWeaver and HANA
Hour 7. SAP ERP and Business Suite
Hour 8. SAP on the Cloud and New SAP Solutions
Part III: SAP for Business Users
Hour 9. A Business User’s Perspective on Using SAP
Hour 10. Using SAP’s Traditional and New User Interfaces
Hour 11. Using SAP ERP to Do Your Job
Hour 12. Using Other SAP Business Suite Applications
Hour 13. Using SAP for Reporting
Hour 14. Using Simplified Finance and Office Integration
Part IV: SAP for IT Professionals
Hour 15. An SAP Project Manager’s Perspective
Hour 16. A Technology Professional’s Perspective on SAP
Hour 17. An SAP Developer’s Perspective
Hour 18. SAP Installation and Implementation
Hour 19. SAP and the Cloud
Hour 20. SAP System Administration and Management
Hour 21. SAP Enhancements, Upgrades, and More
Part V: SAP Careers
Hour 22. SAP Careers for the Business User
Hour 23. SAP Careers for the IT Professional
Hour 24. Other Resources and Closing Thoughts
Appendix A. Case Study Answers