Thoroughly Updated and Expanded!
Includes New Coverage on Cloud Computing for SAP!
In just 24 sessions of one hour or less, you’ll master the latest updates on SAP, and discover how to succeed with it in real business and technical environments! Using this book’s straightforward, step-by-step approach, you’ll learn through practical hands-on examples and case studies based on SAP’s free demonstration software. Each lesson builds on what you’ve already learned, giving you a strong real-world foundation with both the business and technical sides of SAP. Leading SAP architect and consultant George Anderson starts with the absolute basics…thoroughly covers core business, reporting, and administration tasks…and takes you all the way to the cutting edge, including how the cloud might be used to support SAP environments.
Step-by-Step instructions carefully walk you through the most common SAP tasks.
Quizzes and Exercises at the end of each chapter help you test your knowledge.
By the Way notes present interesting information related to the discussion.
Did You Know? tips offer advice or show you easier ways to perform tasks.
Watch Out! cautions alert you to possible problems and give you advice on how to avoid them.
Learn how to…
- Integrate various cloud resources into your current-day SAP environments
- Understand SAP applications, components, and architecture
- Obtain and install the trial version of SAP, step by step
- Use NetWeaver, SAP ERP, the SAP Business Suite, and other SAP applications
- Select an access method and create user roles and authorizations
- Customize your user interface for maximum convenience and productivity
- Transact day-to-day business, including sample sales order transactions, personnel updates, and more
- Work through complex processes, such as “Order to Cash”
- Query from SAP and third-party business productivity tools, such as SharePoint
- Professionally tune, maintain, and monitor SAP systems
- Plan and build new SAP applications
- Prepare for SAP projects, including technical upgrades and enhancements
- Develop your career as a SAP business or technology professional
Dr. George W. Anderson, senior architect and SAP Basis Consultant for Microsoft Services, specializes in designing and optimizing mission-critical platforms for SAP and other enterprise applications. He’s passionate about developing architectural patterns and tools capable of enabling the kind of business agility that IT has been promising for years and businesses today need more than ever. A certified SAP
technical consultant, PMI PMP, and long-time MCSE, his books include SAP Implementation Unleashed and the popular SAP Planning: Best Practices in Implementation.
Table of Contents
Part I: Introduction to SAP
HOUR 1: SAP Explained
HOUR 2: SAP Business Basics
HOUR 3: SAP Technology Basics
HOUR 4: SAP Project Basics
Part II: SAP Applications and Components
HOUR 5: Overview of SAP Applications and Components
HOUR 6: SAP NetWeaver: The Foundation for SAP
HOUR 7: SAP ERP: SAP’s Core Product
HOUR 8: The SAP Business Suite and Other SAP Applications
Part III: SAP for Business Users
HOUR 9: A Business User’s Perspective on Implementing SAP
HOUR 10: Logging On and Using SAP’s User Interface
HOUR 11: SAP User Roles and Authorizations
HOUR 12: Using SAP to Do Your Job
HOUR 13: Reporting and Query Basics
HOUR 14: Extending SAP with Microsoft and Other Products
Part IV: SAP for IT Professionals
HOUR 15: A Project Manager’s Perspective on Implementing SAP
HOUR 16: A Basis Professional’s Perspective on SAP
HOUR 17: A Developer’s Perspective on SAP
HOUR 18: SAP Technical Installation
HOUR 19: SAP and the Cloud
HOUR 20: SAP System Administration and Management
HOUR 21: SAP Enhancements, Upgrades, and More
Part V: SAP Careers
HOUR 22: SAP Careers for the Business Professional
HOUR 23: SAP Careers for the IT Professional
HOUR 24: Other Resources and Closing Thoughts
Part VI: Appendixes
A: Case Study Answers
B: SAP Acronyms and Common Terms