New coverage of ECMAScript 6
Every lesson builds on what you’ve already learned, giving you a rock-solid foundation for real-world success.
Practical, hands-on examples show you how to apply what you learn.
Quizzes and exercises help you test your knowledge and stretch your skills.
Notes and tips point out shortcuts and solutions.
Upgrade to the online Learning Lab edition of this book for just $10 with purchase. See inside for details.
Learn how to…
- Debug scripts
- Create scripts that work in all browsers
- Write clear, reliable, and reusable code
- Use object-oriented programming techniques
- Script with the DOM
- Access JSON data
- Work with HTML5 and CSS3
- Leverage the popular jQuery library
- Read and write cookies
- Use some of the new ECMAScript features today
- Get started with frameworks such as AngularJS
- Build browser add-ons and extensions
Register your book at informit.com/register for convenient access to updates, downloads, and corrections as they become available.
Who This Book Is For
- Those who have at least a basic understanding of HTML and web page design in general and want to move on to adding some extra interactivity to your pages.
Table of Contents
Hour 2. Writing Simple Scripts
Hour 3. Using Functions
Hour 4. DOM Objects and Built-in Objects
Part II: Cooking with Code
Hour 5. Numbers and Strings
Hour 6. Arrays
Hour 7. Program Control
Part III: Objects
Hour 8. Object-Oriented Programming
Hour 9. Scripting with the DOM
Hour 10. Meet JSON
Part IV: HTML and CSS
Hour 13. Introducing CSS3
Hour 14. Using Libraries
Hour 15. A Closer Look at jQuery
Hour 16. The jQuery UI User Interface Library
Hour 17. Ajax with jQuery
Part VI: Advanced Topics
Hour 18. Reading and Writing Cookies
Hour 20. Using Frameworks
Part VII: Learning the Trade
Hour 22. Good Coding Practice
Hour 23. Debugging Your Code
Part IX: Appendices