Learn how to design and develop robotic process automation solutions with Blue Prism to perform important tasks that enable value creation in your work
- Develop robots with Blue Prism
- Automate your work processes with Blue Prism
- Learn basic skills required to train a robot for process automation
Robotic process automation is a form of business process automation where user-configured robots can emulate the actions of users. Blue Prism is a pioneer of robotic process automation software, and this book gives you a solid foundation to programming robots with Blue Prism. If you've been tasked with automating work processes, but don't know where to start, this is the book for you!
You begin with the business case for robotic process automation, and then move to implementation techniques with the leading software for enterprise automation, Blue Prism. You will become familiar with the Blue Prism Studio by creating your first process. You will build upon this by adding pages, data items, blocks, collections, and loops. You will build more complex processes by learning about actions, decisions, choices, and calculations. You will move on to teach your robot to interact with applications such as Internet Explorer. This can be used for spying elements that identify what your robot needs to interact with on the screen.
You will build the logic behind a business objects by using read, write, and wait stages. You will then enable your robot to read and write to Excel and CSV files. This will finally lead you to train your robot to read and send emails in Outlook. You will learn about the Control Room, where you will practice adding items to a queue, processing the items and updating the work status.
Towards the end of this book you will also teach your robot to handle errors and deal with exceptions. The book concludes with tips and coding best practices for Blue Prism.
What you will learn
- Learn why and when to introduce robotic automation into your business processes
- Work with Blue Prism Studio
- Create automation processes in Blue Prism
- Make use of decisions and choices in your robots
- Use UI Automation mode, HTML mode, Region mode, and spying
- Learn how to raise exceptions
- Get the robot to deal with errors
- Learn Blue Prism coding best practices
Who this book is for
The book is aimed at end users such as citizen developers who create business processes, but may not have the basic programming skills required to train a robot. No experience of BluePrism is required.
Table of Contents
- The Case for Robotic Process Automation
- Building the First Blue Prism Process
- Pages, Data Items, Blocks, Collections, and Loops
- Actions, Decisions, Choices, and Calculations
- Implementing Business Objects
- Spying Elements
- Write, Wait, and Read
- Working with Excel
- Sending and Receiving Emails
- Control Room and Work Queues
- Exception Handling