- Get better at building web applications with state management using Redux
- Learn the fundamentals of Redux to structure your app more efficiently
- This guide will teach you develop complex apps that would be easier to maintain
Starting with a detailed overview of Redux, we will follow the test-driven development (TDD) approach to develop single-page applications. We will set up JEST for testing and use JEST to test React, Redux, Redux-Sage, Reducers, and other components. We will then add important middleware and set up immutableJS in our application. We will use common data structures such as Map, List, Set, and OrderedList from the immutableJS framework. We will then add user interfaces using ReactJS, Redux-Form, and Ant Design.
We will explore the use of react-router-dom and its functions. We will create a list of routes that we will need in order to create our application, and explore routing on the server site and create the required routes for our application. We will then debug our application and integrate Redux Dev tools.
We will then set up our API server and create the API required for our application. We will dive into a modern approach to structuring our server site components in terms of Model, Controller, Helper functions, and utilities functions. We will explore the use of NodeJS with Express to build the REST API components. Finally, we will venture into the possibilities of extending the application for further research, including deployment and optimization.
What you will learn
- Follow the test-driven development (TDD) approach to develop a single-page application
- Add important middleware, such as Redux store middleware, redux-saga middleware, and language middleware, to your application
- Understand how to use immutableJS in your application
- Build interactive components using ReactJS
- Configure react-router-redux and explore the differences between react-router-dom and react-router-redux
- Use Redux Dev tools to debug your application
- Set up our API server and create the API required for our application
Who this book is for
Table of Contents
- Understanding Redux
- The Concept of Immutability
- React with Redux
- Extending Redux with Middleware
- Debugging Redux
- Understanding the REST API