Discover the strategies needed to tackle the most challenging tasks facing the QlikView developer
- Learn beyond QlikView training
- Discover QlikView Advanced GUI development, advanced scripting, complex data modelling issues, and much more
- Accelerate the growth of your QlikView developer ability
- Based on over 7 years’ experience of QlikView development
- Written in a handy Cookbook style with each recipe as a self-contained learning module
QlikView has been around since 1993, but has only really taken off in recent years as a leader in the in-memory BI space and, more recently, in the data discovery area. QlikView features the ability to consolidate relevant data from multiple sources into a single application, as well as an associative data model to allow you to explore the data to a way your brain works, state-of-the-art visualizations, dashboard, analysis and reports, and mobile data access.
QlikView for Developers Cookbook builds on your initial training and experiences with QlikView to help you become a better developer. This book features plenty of hands-on examples of many challenging functions.
Assuming a basic understanding of QlikView development, this book provides a range of step-by-step exercises to teach you different subjects to help build your QlikView developer expertise.
From advanced charting and layout to set analysis; from advanced aggregations through to scripting, performance, and security, this book will cover all the areas that you need to know about.
The recipes in this book will give you a lot of the information that you need to become an excellent QlikView developer.
What you will learn from this book
- Use QlikView charts to create more advanced visualizations
- Layout your screen and use different color schemes
- Get to grips with set analysis
- Use Total and AGGR for advanced aggregations
- Use macros to perform advanced tasks
- Overcome data modelling challenges
- Use some of the most useful functions in QlikView
- Write great script
- Improve the performance of your application
- Secure your application
The recipes in this Cookbook provide a concise yet practical guide on how to become an excellent QlikView developer. The book begins with intermediate level recipes and then moves on to more complex recipes in an incremental manner.
Who this book is written for
This book is for anyone who has either attended QlikView Developer training or has taught themselves QlikView from books or online sources. You might be working for a QlikView customer, partner, or even QlikView themselves (or want to!) and want to improve your QlikView skills.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Charts
Chapter 2: Layout
Chapter 3: Set Analysis
Chapter 4: Advanced Aggregations
Chapter 5: Advanced Coding
Chapter 6: Data Modeling
Chapter 7: Extensions
Chapter 8: Useful Functions
Chapter 9: Script
Chapter 10: Improving Performance
Chapter 11: Security