How to build useful, real-world applications in the Python programming language
- Deliver scalable and high-performing applications in Python.
- Delve into the great ecosystem of Python frameworks and libraries through projects that you will build with this book.
- This comprehensive guide will help you demonstrate the power of Python by building practical projects.
Python is a very powerful, high-level, object-oriented programming language. It's known for its simplicity and huge community support. Python Programming Blueprints will help you build useful, real-world applications using Python.
In this book, we will cover some of the most common tasks that Python developers face on a daily basis, including performance optimization and making web applications more secure. We will familiarize ourselves with the associated software stack and master asynchronous features in Python. We will build a weather application using command-line parsing. We will then move on to create a Spotify remote control where we'll use OAuth and the Spotify Web API. The next project will cover reactive extensions by teaching you how to cast votes on Twitter the Python way. We will also focus on web development by using the famous Django framework to create an online game store. We will then create a web-based messenger using the new Nameko microservice framework. We will cover topics like authenticating users and, storing messages in Redis.
By the end of the book, you will have gained hands-on experience in coding with Python.
What you will learn
- Learn object-oriented and functional programming concepts while developing projects
- The dos and don'ts of storing passwords in a database
- Develop a fully functional website using the popular Django framework
- Use the Beautiful Soup library to perform web scrapping
- Get started with cloud computing by building microservice and serverless applications in AWS
- Develop scalable and cohesive microservices using the Nameko framework
- Create service dependencies for Redis and PostgreSQL
Who This Book Is For
This book is for software developers who are familiar with Python and want to gain hands-on experience with web and software development projects. A basic knowledge of Python programming is required.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 Implementing the Weather Application
Chapter 2 Creating a Remote-Control Application with Spotify
Chapter 3 Casting Votes on Twitter
Chapter 4 Exchange Rates and the Currency Conversion Tool
Chapter 5 Building a Web Messenger with Microservices
Chapter 6 Extending TempMessenger with a User Authentication Microservice
Chapter 7 Online Video Game Store with Django
Chapter 8 Order Microservice
Chapter 9 Notification Serverless Application