Project management is the art of making the right decisions. To be effective as a project manager, you must know how to make rational choices in project management, what processes can help you to improve these choices, and what tools are available to help you through the decision-making process. Project Decisions: The Art and Science is an entertaining and easy-to-read guide to a structured project decision analysis process. This valuable text presents the basics of cognitive psychology and quantitative analysis methods to help project managers make better decisions. Examples that portray different projects, real-life stories, and popular culture will help readers acquire the essential knowledge and skills required for effective project decision-making.
Readers will be able to:
- Understand psychological pitfalls related to project management
- Establish a creative business environment in their organization
- Identify project risks and uncertainties
- Develop estimates of project time and cost based on an understanding of human psychology
- Perform basic quantitative and qualitative risk and decision analysis
- Use event chain methodology in managing projects
- Communicate the results of decision analysis to decision-makers
- Review project decisions and perform adaptive project management
- Establish a project decision analysis process in their organization
PLUS — Test your own judgment through a quiz that examines your intuition!