- Tailor your applications to best suit the needs of your business
- Explore the latest features of Business Central with examples curated by industry experts
- Integrate Business Central features in your applications with this comprehensive guide
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central is a full ERP business solution suite with a robust set of development tools to support customization and enhancement. These tools can be used to tailor Business Central's in-built applications to support complete management functions for finance, supply chain, manufacturing, and operations.
Using a case study approach, this book will introduce you to Dynamics 365 Business Central and Visual Studio Code development tools to help you become a productive Business Central developer. You'll also learn how to evaluate a product's development capabilities and manage Business Central-based development and implementation. You'll explore application structure, the construction of and uses for each object type, and how it all fits together to build apps that meet special business requirements.
By the end of this book, you'll understand how to design and develop high-quality software using the Visual Studio Code development environment, the AL language paired with the improved editor, patterns, and features.
What you will learn
- Programming using the AL language in the Visual Studio Code development environment
- Explore functional design and development using AL
- How to build interactive pages and learn how to extract data for users
- How to use best practices to design and develop modifications for new functionality integrated with the standard Business Central software
- Become familiar with deploying the broad range of components available in a Business Central system
- Create robust, viable systems to address specific business requirements
Who this book is for
If you want to learn about Dynamics 365 Business Central's powerful and extensive built-in development capabilities, this is the book for you. ERP consultants and managers of Business Central development will also find this book helpful. Although you aren't expected to have worked with Dynamics Business Central, basic understanding of programming and familiarity with business application software will help you understand the concepts covered in this book.
Table of Contents
- Introduction to Business Central
- Data Types and Fields
- Pages - The Interactive Interface
- Queries and Reports
- Introduction to AL
- Intermediate AL
- Advanced AL Development Tools
- Successful Conclusions