The Study Guide to Accompany Professional Cooking, Seventh Edition is a useful tool to help students study and review the material in the textbook Professional Cooking. It contains 35 chapters of key exercises related to key terms; true/false questions; completion, short-answer, and other written exercises; and math exercises. The purpose is to reinforce learning, support your study efforts, and assist you in mastering the material.This is the best-selling undergraduate food preparation textbook in the marketplace. It has a long standing reputation for being comprehensive, yet easy for students to understand and follow. Wayne Gisslen's reputation for being able to simply, yet comprehensively, communicate information to beginning chefs is unsurpassed.
Professional Cooking, Seventh Edition includes videos that will help further illustrate the correct techniques in the kitchen. On top of that there are over 100 new recipes, some with particular emphasis on international cooking.
- Enhanced visual program includes over 220 new color photos, including plated dishes, procedures, and products.
- Approximately 100 new recipes have been added, for a total of 650 recipes plus another 600 variations.
- More focus on international recipes and variations.
- Enhanced topical coverage on such things as: food science, molecular gastronomy, international recipes, and culinary maths.
- Chapter 10, Understanding Meats, now includes all information on meat fabrication in one convenient place.
- Up-to-date nutrition guidelines.
- Thoroughly revised and enhanced CulinarE-Companion Recipe Management software contains all recipes from the book – and 90 bonus recipes. The software is available through download with the registration code in the back of the book.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 The Food-Service Industry
Chapter 2 Sanitation and Safety
Chapter 3 Tools and Equipment
Chapter 4 Basic Principles of Cooking and Food Science
Chapter 5 Menus, Recipes, and Cost Management
Chapter 6 Nutrition
Chapter 7 Mise en Place
Chapter 8 Stocks and Sauces
Chapter 9 Soups
Chapter 10 Understanding Meats and Game
Chapter 11 Cooking Meats and Game
Chapter 12 Understanding Poultry and Game Birds
Chapter 13 Cooking Poultry and Game Birds
Chapter 14 Understanding Fish and Shellfish
Chapter 15 Cooking Fish and Shellfish
Chapter 16 Understanding Vegetables
Chapter 17 Cooking Vegetables
Chapter 18 Potatoes
Chapter 19 Legumes, Grains, Pasta, and Other Starches
Chapter 20 Cooking for Vegetarian Diets
Chapter 21 Salad Dressings and Salads
Chapter 22 Sandwiches
Chapter 23 Hors d’Oeuvres
Chapter 24 Breakfast Preparation
Chapter 25 Dairy and Beverages
Chapter 26 Sausages and Cured Foods
Chapter 27 Pâtés, Terrines, and Other Cold Foods
Chapter 28 Food Presentation and Garnish
Chapter 29 Bakeshop Production: Basic Principles and Ingredients
Chapter 30 Yeast Products
Chapter 31 Quick Breads
Chapter 32 Cakes and Icings
Chapter 33 Cookies
Chapter 34 Pies and Pastries
Chapter 35 Creams, Custards, Puddings, Frozen Desserts, and Sauces
Appendix 1 Metric Conversion Factors
Appendix 2 Standard Can Sizes
Appendix 3 Approximate Weight-Volume Equivalents of Dry Foods
Appendix 4 Kitchen Math Exercises: Metric Versions
Appendix 5 Eggs and Safety
Book DownloadTry Audible and Get 2 Free Audiobooks »
|Download Link||Format||Size (MB)||Upload Date|
|Direct download (Recommended!)||True PDF||53.2||05/01/2019|
|Download from EU(multi)||53.1||10/16/2013|
|Download from NitroFlare||53.1||12/08/2016|
|Download from NitroFlare||True PDF||53.2||03/01/2019|
|Download from UsersCloud||53.2||01/11/2019|