Leverage the Microsoft Teams developer platform to integrate and build your apps in Teams.
Busy developers will want to integrate it with other applications, both existing and new ones. Use this practical, hands-on guide to get you started building amazing custom solutions on and for Microsoft Teams, the new collaboration workspace in Office 365 and the fastest growing app in Microsoft history.
Get ready to learn how to interact with data inside of Teams and how to surface your data on top of Teams, so that it is easily searchable and better supports people in their day-to-day jobs. Teams development expert Rick Van Rousselt starts at the beginning, helping you set up your environment, and takes you step by step through the process. You will begin with low code, simple integrations, and progress in your learning to increasingly more complex, multi-faceted applications that use every aspect of the extension capabilities of Teams.
And a bonus for developers is that integrating your own apps into the Teams developer platform is an excellent opportunity for those apps to get more visibility and usage.
What You Will Learn
- Understand the different development extension points and frameworks that are available in the Teams developer platform
- Create custom tabs, bots, connectors, messaging extensions, and webhooks
- Set up your development environment and speed up the development process
- Enlist best practices and easy wins that will make an application stand out inside the Teams ecosystem
- Explore advanced scenarios where the integrations of Office 365 meet inside of Microsoft Teams
Who This Book Is For
Developers (front end, back end, C#, or Node.js) and architects. Readers should be familiar with C# or Node.js and tools such as Visual Studio or Visual Studio Code and have some experience with Microsoft Teams. Beyond that, no further knowledge is required because the book starts at the beginning, setting up a development environment.