Pro HTML5 with Visual Studio 2015 is written to help ASP.NET developers make the leap to the inevitable and exciting world of HTML5. With this book, you’ll quickly master the new HTML elements, the improved CSS features, and advanced content including audio, video, canvas, SVG, and drag and drop capabilities. You will also learn how your enterprise applications can benefit from some brand-new technology such as web workers and web sockets. Using practical hands-on demonstrations you will learn all of the really cool features that you can start using now, within your existing ASP.NET applications.
HTML5 promises to revolutionize the way web sites are developed with an impressive set of built-in client-side features. The use of HTML5 as a preferred development language in Windows 10, along with growing support from the major browser vendors, is likely to make HTML5 the de-facto standard for all future web development. The number of HTML5-capable phones alone is estimated to top 2 billion by 2016. Many professional web developers who are firmly rooted in the Microsoft toolset such as Visual Studio, Active Server Pages, and .NET are trying to understand how HTML5 fits into their world.
Written with the Visual Studio 2015 developer in mind, this book:
- Illustrates how to integrate the new HTML5 features in an ASP .NET MVC6 application
- Explains how to add active content including video and graphics
- Demonstrates the new scripting features of HTML5 such as application cache and local storage
What youll learn
- Integrate the new HTML5 features with the MVC6 framework.
- Take advantage of the new browser capabilities from within your ASP applications.
- Use web workers, IndexedDB, and other infrastructure improvements.
- Use the new CSS3 features to create dramatic web sites.
- Create mobile friendly web sites.
- Use canvas and SVG to build some amazing web pages.
- Leverage the native browser support for Geolocation, Web Sockets, and drag and drop capabilities
Who this book is for
Pro HTML5 with Visual Studio 2015 is for the professional web developer who is familiar with traditional ASP.NET web forms or the Model View Controller (MVC) framework. It is designed for the web builders who want to take advantage of the new design features or the infrastructure improvements of HTML5. It is geared toward individuals who want practical, real-world demonstrations and not just a lot of theory.
Table of Contents
Part I: What is HTML5?
Chapter 1: Before You Begin
Part II: Using the New HTML5 Features
Chapter 2: ASP.NET Web Forms
Chapter 3: MVC Web Applications
Chapter 4: Cascading Style Sheets
Chapter 5: Scripting Enhancements
Chapter 6: Mobile Web Applications
Part III: Digging Deeper
Chapter 7: Supporting Older Browsers
Chapter 8: Audio and Video
Chapter 9: Scalable Vector Graphics
Chapter 10: Canvas
Part IV: Advanced Features
Chapter 11: Indexed DB
Chapter 12: Geolocation and Mapping
Chapter 13: WebSockets
Chapter 14: Drag and Drop
Part V: Appendixes
Appendix A: Sample Content for Chapter 4
Appendix B: Completed Style for Chapter 4
Appendix C: Final Code for Chapter 14