Publisher's Note: Products purchased from 3rd Party sellers are not guaranteed by the Publisher for quality, authenticity, or access to any online entitlements included with the product.
BMA Medical Book Awards 2016: Oncology – Highly Commended
The British Medical Association honored Principles and Practice of Pediatric Oncology, 7th Edition with this prestigious award.
Now thoroughly updated to include new advances in the field, Principles and Practice of Pediatric Oncology, 7th Edition remains the gold standard text for the care and research of children with cancer. This authoritative reference is the single most comprehensive resource on the biology and genetics of childhood cancer as well as its diagnosis, multimodal treatment, as well as long-term management of young patients with cancer. Also addressed are a broad array of topics on the supportive and psychosocial aspects of care of children and families. Covering virtually every aspect of the breadth and depth of childhood cancer, this 7th Edition provides expert guidance on state-of-the-art, multidisciplinary care for children and families.
- Stay up to date with the most recent advances in the field with the contributions by new and returning contributors, including the perspective from patients and parents in the chapter titled “The Other Side of the Bed.”
- Chapters included on palliative care and education.
- Supportive care is covered broadly and specifically – in contexts such as emergencies, infectious disease, and nutrition.
- Benefit from completely new and updated information throughout.
- The most updated and authoritative information is provided by the leading experts in the field.
- Gain a thorough understanding of every aspect of pediatric oncology, with comprehensive information regarding basic science, diagnostic tools, principles of treatment, and clinical trials, as well as highly detailed, definitive coverage of each pediatric malignancy.
- Collaborate more effectively with others on the cancer care team to enhance quality-of-life issues for patients and families.
- Understand the cooperative nature of pediatric oncology as a model for cancer research with information from cooperative clinical trial groups and consortia.
Now with the print edition, enjoy the bundled interactive eBook edition, which can be downloaded to your tablet and smartphone or accessed online and includes features like:
- Complete content with enhanced navigation
- Powerful search tools and smart navigation cross-links that pull results from content in the book, your notes, and even the web
- Cross-linked pages, references, and more for easy navigation
- A highlighting tool for easier reference of key content throughout the text
- Ability to take and share notes with friends and colleagues
- Quick reference tabbing to save your favorite content for future use
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 Epidemiology Of Childhood Cancer
Chapter 2 Childhood Cancer And Heredity
Chapter 3 Molecular And Genetic Basis Of Childhood Cancer
Chapter 4 Biology Of Childhood Cancer
Chapter 5 Tumor Immunology And Pediatric Cancer
Chapter 6 Clinical Assessment And Differential Diagnosis Of The Child With Suspected Cancer
Chapter 7 Pathology And Molecular Diagnosis Of Leukemias And Lymphomas
Chapter 8 Diagnostic Pathology Of Pediatric Malignancies
Chapter 9 Imaging Studies In The Diagnosis And Management Of Pediatric Malignancies
Chapter 10 General Principles Of Chemotherapy
Chapter 11 Molecularly Targeted Therapies And Biotherapeutics
Chapter 12 General Principles Of Surgery
Chapter 13 General Principles Of Radiation Oncology
Chapter 14 Adoptive Cellular Immunotherapy
Chapter 15 Adolescents And Young Adults With Cancer
Chapter 16 Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation In Pediatric Oncology
Chapter 17 Cancer Clinical Trials: Design, Conduct, Analysis, And Reporting
Chapter 18 Maximizing Safety In Cancer Treatment
Chapter 19 Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia
Chapter 20 Acute Myeloid Leukemia And Myelodysplastic Syndromes
Chapter 21 Myeloproliferative Neoplasms Of Childhood
Chapter 22 Hodgkin Lymphoma
Chapter 23 Malignant Non-Hodgkin Lymphomas In Children
Chapter 24 Lymphoproliferative Disorders And Malignancies Related To Immunodeficiencies
Chapter 25 Histiocytic Diseases
Chapter 26A Gliomas, Ependymomas, And Other Nonembryonal Tumors Of The Central Nervous System
Chapter 26B Embryonal And Pineal Region Tumors
Chapter 27 Retinoblastoma
Chapter 28 Liver Tumors
Chapter 29 Renal Tumors
Chapter 30 Neuroblastoma
Chapter 31 Rhabdomyosarcoma
Chapter 32 The Nonrhabdomyosarcoma Soft Tissue Sarcoma
Chapter 33 Ewing Sarcoma
Chapter 34 Osteosarcoma
Chapter 35 Germ Cell Tumors
Chapter 36 Endocrine Tumors
Chapter 37 Rare Pediatric Tumors
Chapter 38 Oncologic Emergencies
Chapter 39 Hematologic Supportive Care For Children With Cancer
Chapter 40 Infectious Complications In Pediatric Cancer Patients
Chapter 41 Nutritional Supportive Care
Chapter 42 Pain And Symptom Management
Chapter 43 Nursing Support Of The Child With Cancer
Chapter 44 Rehabilitation Of The Child With?Cancer
Chapter 45 Psychiatric And Psychosocial Support For The Child And Family
Chapter 46 The Other Side Of The Bed: What Caregivers Can Learn From Listening To Patients And Their Families
Chapter 47 Ethical Considerations In Pediatric Oncology
Chapter 48 Late Effects Of Childhood Cancer And Its Treatment
Chapter 49 Educational Issues For Children With Cancer
Chapter 50 Palliative Care For The Child With Cancer
Chapter 51 Economic Issues In Pediatric Cancer
Chapter 52 Pediatric Cancer Policy And Case Advocacy On Insurance, Education, And Employment
Chapter 53 Complementary And Alternative Medical Therapies In Pediatric Oncology
Chapter 54 Pediatric Oncology In Countries With Limited Resources