Many of our favorite ingredients—such as berries, tomatoes, and nuts—are among the healthiest foods on earth, and by simply incorporating more of them into our everyday meals, we can all lead healthier lives. Here are 150 fantastic ways to help you do just that.
Organized into chapters on breakfast, snacks, sandwiches, soups, salads, main dishes, side dishes, and desserts, the recipes are accompanied by simple instructions and beautiful photographs to keep you inspired to eat well at any time of the day. Stay motivated with tempting recipes such as:
- Breakfast: Pecan Pancakes with Mixed Berry Compote; Mushroom and Scallion Frittata
- Starters and Snacks: Sweet Potato Hummus; Beet Chips
- Sandwiches and Wraps: Salmon Salad and Curried Egg on Multigrain Bread; Kiwifruit Summer Roll
- Soups and Stews: Golden Pepper Soup; Chili with Chicken and Beans
- Salads: Quinoa and Corn Salad with Pumpkin Seeds; Endive, Avocado, and Grapefruit Salad
- Main Dishes: Citrus-Roasted Salmon with Spring Pea Sauce; Soba Noodle, Tofu, and Vegetable Stir-fry; Turkey Cutlets with Tomatoes and Capers
- Side Dishes: Cauliflower and Barley Salad with Toasted Almonds; Edamame Succotash
- Desserts: Lemon Cream with Blackberries; Double Dark Chocolate and Ginger Biscotti
Beyond these wonderful recipes, the editors of Whole Living magazine include research-backed information about the health benefits and disease-fighting properties of 38 power foods, along with nutritional data and helpful tips on storing, preparing, and cooking them. In this one-stop resource, you’ll learn all about stocking a healthy pantry, eating seasonally, understanding food labels, and when it’s best to splurge for organic ingredients.
These 38 Power Foods are:
· Bell Peppers
· Brussels Sprouts
· Sweet Potatoes
· Swiss Chard
· Winter Squash
· Brown Rice
· Dried Beans
· Green Peas
· Pumpkin Seeds
· Rainbow Trout
· Wild Alaskan Salmon
With 150 quick, flavor-packed recipes using the 38 healthiest foods nature has to offer, Power Foods makes eating well simple—and more delicious than ever before.