Create and manage a clear working IT asset management strategy with this unique guide
- A detailed IT Asset Management (ITAM) guidebook with real-world templates that can be converted into working ITAM documents.
- Includes in-depth discussion on how risk management has changed and the possible solutions needed to address the new normal
- A step-by-step ITAM manual for newbies as well as seasoned ITAM veterans
This book is a detailed IT Asset Management (ITAM) guidebook with real-world templates that can be converted into working ITAM documents. It is a step-by-step IT Asset Management manual for the newbies as well as the seasoned ITAM veterans, providing a unique insight into asset management. It discusses how risk management has changed over time and the possible solutions needed to address the new normal. This book is your perfect guide to create holistic IT Asset Management and Software Asset Management programs that close the risk gaps, increases productivity and results in cost efficiencies. It allows the IT Asset Managers, Software Asset Managers, and/or the full ITAM program team to take a deep dive by using the templates offered in the guidebook. You will be aware of the specific roles and responsibilities for every aspect of IT Asset Management, Software Asset Management, and Software License Compliance Audit Response. By the end of this book, you will be well aware of what IT and Software Asset Management is all about and the different steps, processes, and roles required to truly master it.
What you will learn
- Close the hidden risk gaps created by IT assets (hardware and software)
- Create and manage a proactive ITAM and SAM program and policy
- A clear, concise explanation of what IT Asset Management and Software Asset Management is, the benefits, and results
- The best ways to manage a software audit and how to be prepared for one
- Considerations for selecting the best technology for a specific company including what questions should be asked at the onset
- Increasing ITAM program and project success with change management
Who This Book Is For
This book is intended for CIOs, VPs and CTOs of mid to large-sized enterprises and organizations. If you are dealing with changes such as mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, new products or services, cyber security, mandated regulations, expansion, and much more, this book will help you too.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 ITAM: It's Not Just IT's Problem or Function
Chapter 2 ITAM Strategy and Plan
Chapter 3 The New Risk Management
Chapter 4 What is SAM
Chapter 5 Understanding and Surviving a Software License Compliance Audits
Chapter 6 Tools: What Should You Look For?
Chapter 7 Increasing ITAM Program and Project Success Rates Using Change Management
Chapter 8 Now What?