Learn to make awesome platformer games!
The Platformer Game Starter Kit is designed to make learning how to create platformer games easy, fast and fun!
Heres what you get:
- Full source code for the complete platformer game
- Tutorials explaining how to make the game step-by-step from scratch
- Art and music assets that you can reuse in your own projects
- Fully up-to-date: Up-to-date with iOS 7 and Sprite Kit.
The Platformer Game Starter Kit covers:
- Custom physics engine: Learn how to create your own physics engine from scratch, in order to get the jumping behavior just right.
- Many jump types: Learn how to implement regular jumping, double jumping, wall sliding, attacking and more.
- Enemies and AI: Learn how to add multiple types of enemies, from creepers to fliers.
- Tile maps: Learn how to create your entire levels in a tile map editor.
- Tips from the pros: As a bonus, the starter kit contains interviews with some of the top iOS platformer game developers in the App Store so you can learn from their advice.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Getting Started
Chapter 2: A Budding Physics Engine
Chapter 3: Collisions
Chapter 4: Creating a HUD
Chapter 5: Moving the Player
Chapter 6: The State Machine
Chapter 7: Animation
Chapter 8: Enemies
Chapter 9: Damage & Death-Dealing
Chapter 10: Finishing Touches
Appendix A: Interviews with Successful Platformer Game