- Build your own applications based on event-driven microservices and set them up on a production server.
- Successfully transform any monolithic application into a microservice.
- Monitor the health of your application, prevent downtime, and reduce costs.
The world is moving away from bulky, unreliable, and high-maintenance PHP applications, to small, easy-to-maintain and highly available microservices and the pressing need is for PHP developers to understand the criticalities in building effective microservices that scale at large. This book will be a reliable resource, and one that will help you to develop your skills and teach you techniques for building reliable microservices in PHP.
The book begins with an introduction to the world of microservices, and quickly shows you how to set up a development environment and build a basic platform using Docker and Vagrant. You will then get into the different design aspects to be considered while building microservices in your favorite framework and you will explore topics such as testing, securing, and deploying microservices. You will also understand how to migrate a monolithic application to the microservice architecture while keeping scalability and best practices in mind. Furthermore you will get into a few important DevOps techniques that will help you progress on to more complex domains such as native cloud development, as well as some interesting design patterns.
By the end of this book you will be able to develop applications based on microservices in an organized and efficient way. You will also gain the knowledge to transform any monolithic applications into microservices.
What you will learn
- Set up a development environment using the right strategies and tools.
- Learn about application design and structure to start implementing your application.
- Transform a monolithic application into microservices.
- Explore the best way to start implementing your application using testing.
- Understand how to monitor your microservices, handle errors, and debug the application.
- Deploy your finished application into a production environment and learn how to solve common problems.
- Know how to scale your application based on microservices once it is up–and-running.
About the Author
Carlos Perez Sanchez is a backend web developer with more than 10 years of experience in working with the PHP language. He loves finding the best solution for every single problem on web applications and coding, looking to push forward the best practices for development, ensuring a high level of attention to detail.He has a bachelors degree in computer engineering from the University of Alicante in Spain, and he has worked for different companies in the United Kingdom and Spain.
Pablo Solar Vilarino is a software developer who became interested in web development when PHP 4 started becoming a popular language.
Over the last few years, he has worked extensively with web, cloud, and mobile technologies for medium-to-large companies and is currently an e-commerce developer at NITSNETS.
He has a passion for new technologies, code standards, scalability, performance, and open source projects.
Pablo can be approached online at https://pablosolar.es/.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. What Are Microservices?
Chapter 2. Development Environment
Chapter 3. Application Design
Chapter 4. Testing And Quality Control
Chapter 5. Microservices Development
Chapter 6. Monitoring
Chapter 7. Security
Chapter 8. Deployment
Chapter 9. From Monolithic To Microservices
Chapter 10. Strategies For Scalability
Chapter 11. Best Practices And Conventions
Chapter 12. Cloud And Devops
Book DownloadTry Audible and Get 2 Free Audiobooks »
|Download Link||Format||Size (MB)||Upload Date|
|Download from NitroFlare||True PDF, EPUB, AZW3||20.2||03/01/2019|
|Download from UsersCloud||True PDF, EPUB, AZW3||20.2||09/17/2018|
|Download from UsersCloud||True PDF, EPUB, AZW3||20.2||12/20/2018|
|Download from ZippyShare||AZW3||2.8||06/14/2017|