A comprehensive guide from Oracle experts, that will act as your single point of reference for building an Oracle BI 12c system that turns data in actionable insight.
About This Book
- Come, start your first Oracle Business intelligence system and excel in BI with this exhaustive guide
- An all-encompassing guide for your Oracle business intelligence needs
- Learn from the self-paced professional guidance and implement Oracle business intelligence using this easy-to-follow guide by our experts
Who This Book Is For
If your job includes working on data, improving the financial or operational performance of your organization or you are a consultant for the above, then this book is for you. If you have been placed on a business intelligence project, then this book is for you. If you are the Project Manager, Business Analyst or Data Scientist then this book is for you. If you are an end user of Oracle Business Intelligence, then this book is for you too.
Having a basic understanding of databases and the use of Business Intelligence is expected, but no knowledge of Oracle BI is required.
What You Will Learn
- Install OBIEE in Windows, including how to create the underlying Weblogic Application server and the required database
- Build the BI system repository, the vital engine connecting your data to the front end of Oracle BI
- Develop effective analysis, draw out meaning from the data, and present it to end users on interactive dashboards
- Build pixel-perfect, printable reports using the embedded BI Publisher feature
- Build agents for actionable insight and enable your users to act on Business Intelligence at their desktop or on the move
- Understand the various aspects of securing the Oracle BI system, from data restrictions to whole dashboard access rights
- Get acquainted with the system management tools and methods available for the continuous improvement of your system
Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE) 12c is packed full of features and has a fresh approach to information presentation, system management, and security. OBIEE can help any organization to understand its data, to make useful information from data, and to ensure decision-making is supported by facts. OBIEE can focus on information that needs action, alerting users when conditions are met. OBIEE can be used for data analysis, form production, dashoarding, and workflow processes.
We will introduce you to OBIEE features and provide a step-by-step guide to build a complete system from scratch. With this guide, you will be equipped with a good basic understanding of what the product contains, how to install and configure it, and how to create effective Business Intelligence.
This book contains the necessary information for a beginner to create a high-performance OBIEE 12c system.
This book is also a guide that explains how to use an existing OBIEE 12c system, and shows end users how to create.
Style and approach
This book will take you from one feature to another in a step-by-step manner and will teach how you can create effective business intelligence using Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition. You will be taught how to create BI solutions and dashboards from scratch. There will be multiple modules in the book, each module spread in chapters, that will cover one aspect of business intelligence in a systematic manner.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. Oracle BI 12c Architecture
Chapter 2. Installing the Prerequisite Software
Chapter 3. Installing on Windows Server 2012
Chapter 4. Reviewing the Features of the Reporting Repository
Chapter 5. Installing and Configuring Client Tools
Chapter 6. Understanding the Systems Management Tools
Chapter 7. Developing the BI Server Repository
Chapter 8. Creating Dashboards and Analyses
Chapter 9. Agents and Action Framework
Chapter 10. Developing Reports Using BI Publisher
Chapter 11. Usage Tracking
Chapter 12. Improving Performance
Chapter 13. Using the BI Admin Change Management Utilities
Chapter 14. Ancillary Installation Options
Chapter 15. Reporting Databases
Chapter 16. Customizing the Style of Dashboards
Chapter 17. Upgrading to 12c