Over 60 high-quality recipes covering debugging, security, performance, microservices, web frameworks, databases, deployment and more; rewritten for Node 4, 6, and 8.
About This Book
- Security between Node.js and browser applications explained and applied in depth
- Cutting edge techniques and tools for measuring and improving performance
- Contemporary techniques to create developer-ergonomic, readily-scalable production systems
Who This Book Is For
What You Will Learn
- Rapidly become proficient at debugging Node.js programs
- Write and publish your own Node.js modules
- Become deeply acquainted with Node.js core API's
- Use web frameworks such as Express, Hapi and Koa for accelerated web application development
- Apply Node.js streams for low-footprint infinite-capacity data processing
- Fast-track performance knowledge and optimization abilities
- Compare and contrast various persistence strategies, including database integrations with MongoDB, MySQL/MariaDB, Postgres, Redis, and LevelDB
- Grasp and apply critically essential security concepts
- Understand how to use Node with best-of-breed deployment technologies: Docker, Kubernetes and AWS
This edition is a complete rewrite of the original, and is targeted against Node 4, 6, and 8. It shows you how to build fast, efficient, and scalable client-server solutions using the latest versions of Node.
Beginning with adopting debugging tips and tricks of the trade and learning how to write your own modules, then covering the fundamentals of streams in Node.js, you will go on to discover I/O control, implementation of various web protocols, you'll work up to integrating with cross-section of databases such as MongoDB, MySQL/MariaDB, Postgres, Redis, and LevelDB and building web application with Express, Hapi and Koa.
You will then learn about security essentials in Node.js and the advanced optimization tools and techniques By the end of the book you should have acquired a level of proficiency that allows you to confidently build a full production-ready and scalable Node.js system.
Style and approach
This recipe-based practical guide presents each topic with step-by-step instructions on how you can create fast and efficient server side applications using the latest features and capabilities in Node 8 whilst also supporting usage with Node 4 and 6.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. Debugging Processes
Chapter 2. Writing Modules
Chapter 3. Coordinating I/O
Chapter 4. Using Streams
Chapter 5. Wielding Web Protocols
Chapter 6. Persisting To Databases
Chapter 7. Working With Web Frameworks
Chapter 8. Dealing With Security
Chapter 9. Optimizing Performance
Chapter 10. Building Microservice Systems
Chapter 11. Deploying Node.Js