Connect, communicate, and promote collaboration with your coursework using Moodle
- Adopts practical ideas for demonstrating how to implement mobile learning with Moodle
- Empowers you to apply mobile learning in your profession
- Discover how other organizations have achieved mobile learning success
- Filled with practical and hands-on tutorials for learning practitioners
Mobile devices have become ubiquitous and offer many new possibilities for learning. Moodle, when combined with a mobile device, opens up a new world of possibilities to teachers, instructors, and training professionals to develop their courses. The learning experience can be hugely improved by playing to the strengths of mobile devices, and Moodle for Mobile Learning helps you do just that.
"Moodle for Mobile Learning" is a practical, hands-on guide that provides you with ideas and step-by-step exercises that will help you leverage the features of mobile devices in your Moodle course designs. It also aims at providing you with hands-on knowledge in creating mlearning courses so that you can create your own effective mobile learning interactions.
Looking at the underlying theory of mobile learning, "Moodle for Mobile Learning" aims to enable you to apply this to course design using Moodle. Organized into key sectors including schools, further and higher education, and workplace learning, this book will take you through a number of clear, practical recipes that will help you to take advantage of mobile technology in your Moodle course design.
You will learn how to develop your mobile learning strategy and whether to use a mobile friendly Moodle theme or a Moodle mobile app to deliver your strategy. There are certain types of learning activities that are perfectly suited to mobile delivery. We look at delivering podcasts, engaging with social media, setting up photo, video and audio assignments, setting up eBook and App libraries, uploading audio assignment feedback, submitting reflective logs, using chat and messaging tools, using web conferencing and much more.
Mobile devices already form the backbone of your learners’ daily lives. If you want to use Moodle to bring those devices into the learning process, then this is the book for you.
What you will learn from this book
- Develop your mobile learning strategy
- Improve your understanding of how to use mobile devices to enhance your courses
- Learn to analyze and select mobile-friendly Moodle themes
- Discover the uses for Moodle mobile apps
- Explore how to deliver static and multimedia content to mobiles
- Use mobile devices to capture reflective logs and journals
- Perform assessments using mobiles
- Communicate with mobile users
A guide with practical examples that gives you hands-on knowledge in creating learning environments for Mobile devices using Moodle, while also empowering you to create your own effective mlearning course designs.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Developing Your Mobile Learning Strategy
Chapter 2: Setting Up Moodle for Mobile Learning
Chapter 3: Delivering Static Content to Mobiles
Chapter 4: Delivering Multimedia Content to Mobiles
Chapter 5: Submitting Audio, Video, and Image Assignments
Chapter 6: Using Mobiles for Capturing Reflective Logs and Journals
Chapter 7: Performing Assessments Using Mobiles
Chapter 8: Communicating with Mobile Users