Learn the best practices to design and develop interactive and highly effective Moodle courses
- Explore Moodle's course development features like themes, social media plugins and archiving content
- Bring together instructional materials, social interaction, and student management functions in your courses
- An easy-to-follow guide to help you create or update your Moodle course
Moodle Course Design Best Practices is a practical guide that will teach you how to use the tools available in Moodle to develop unique courses for many kinds of organizations.
You will be able to utilize the themes that have been contributed by developers. You can incorporate many different types of course materials and interactive assessments. You will also learn how to modify the structure and presentation of resources, activities, and assessments to create courses for individual use, cohorts, and Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs). The use of the various multimedia features to enhance your Moodle courses is also explained in this book.
What you will learn from this book
- Set up a template for a series of courses
- Design the appearance of your course
- Manage the resources and activities of your course
- Organize your course content effectively
- Set up instructional materials for your course
- Select and set up assessments
- Include effective instructional strategies in your course
- Archive your course content for reuse
This book is an easy-to-follow guide with a hands-on approach that will help you learn the best practices for designing attractive and highly interactive courses with the help of Moodle.
Who this book is written for
If you are looking for a very easy and convenient way to organize learning activities along with group projects and activities, then this book is for you. Some prior experience with Moodle would be helpful, and it would also be helpful if you understand the basics of using HTML and how to work with different multimedia fi le formats and social media.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Preparing to Build an Exemplary Moodle Course
Chapter 2: Planning Your Course
Chapter 3: Organizing Your Course
Chapter 4: Best Practices in Content Delivery
Chapter 5: Designing Self-paced Independent Study Courses
Chapter 6: Developing Cohort-based Courses with Teacher-student Interaction
Chapter 7: Creating Student-centered Project-based Courses
Chapter 8: Moodle for Online Communities