- Unleash your teaching talents and develop exciting, dynamic courses
- Put together effective online courses that motivate students from all backgrounds, generations, and learning styles
- Find powerful insights into developing more successful and educational courses
Moodle, the world's most popular, free open-source Learning Management System (LMS) has released several new features and enhancements in its latest 3.0 release. More and more colleges, universities, and training providers are using Moodle, which has helped revolutionize e-learning with its flexible, reusable platform and components.
This book brings together step-by-step, easy-to-follow instructions to leverage the full power of Moodle 3 to build highly interactive and engaging courses that run on a wide range of platforms including mobile and cloud.
Beginning with developing an effective online course, you will write learning outcomes that align with Bloom's taxonomy and list the kinds of instructional materials that will work given one's goal. You will gradually move on to setting up different types of forums for discussions and incorporating multi-media from cloud-base sources. You will then focus on developing effective timed tests, self-scoring quizzes while organizing the content, building different lessons, and incorporating assessments. Lastly, you will dive into more advanced topics such as creating interactive templates for a full course by focussing on creating each element and create workshops and portfolios which encourage engagement and collaboration
What you will learn
- Create a dynamic learning environment using different techniques
- Motivate your students to collaborate and demonstrate what they are learning and to create projects together
- Develop materials you can re-use in your future courses
- Create online workshops and galleries for your students to make presentations about what they have learned
- Engage your students in team work that helps them connect course content with their experiences and prior learning
- Develop high-quality courses that will last to create a personal inventory you can use and re-use
About the Author
Susan Smith Nash has been designing and developing online courses and programs for more than 15 years for education, training, and personal development.
In addition to Moodle 3.x Teaching Techniques, she is the author of a number of Moodle books and training videos, including Moodle Course Design Best Practices and Moodle for Training and Professional Development. She has also authored Video-Assisted Mobile Learning for Writing Courses.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. Developing an Effective Online Course
Chapter 2. Instructional Material
Chapter 3. Collaborative Activities
Chapter 4. Assessment
Chapter 5. Lesson Solutions
Chapter 6. Wiki Solutions
Chapter 7. Glossary Solutions
Chapter 8. The Choice Activity
Chapter 9. Course Solutions
Chapter 10. Workshop Solution
Chapter 11. Portfolio/Gallery Solution