Build kickass websites and applications for all mobile (and non-mobile) platforms by adding HTML5 and CSS3 to your web development toolkit. With this hands-on book, you’ll learn how to develop web apps that not only work on iOS, Android, Blackberry, and Windows Phone, but also perform well and provide good user experience.
With lots of code and markup examples, you’ll learn best practices for using HTML5 features, including new web forms, SVG, Canvas, localStorage, and related APIs. You’ll also get an in-depth look at CSS3, and discover how to design apps for large monitors and tiny screens alike.
- Learn HTML5’s elements, syntax, and semantics
- Explore HTML5 media APIs for graphics, video, and audio
- Enable your applications to work offline, using AppCache, localStorage, and other APIs
- Learn what you need to know about CSS3 selectors and syntax
- Dive into CSS3 features such as multiple backgrounds, gradients, border-images, transitions, transforms, and animations
- Make your web applications usable, responsive, and accessible.
- Design for performance, user experience, and reliability on all platforms
Table of Contents
Chapter 2. Upgrading to HTML5
Chapter 3. Elements That Are New in HTML5
Chapter 4. HTML5 Web Forms
Chapter 5. SVG, Canvas, Audio, and Video
Chapter 6. Other HTML5 APIs
Chapter 7. Upgrading to CSS3
Chapter 8. Expanding Options with CSS3 Values
Chapter 9. CSS3: Modules, Models, and Images
Chapter 10. CSS3: Transforms, Transitions, and Animations
Chapter 11. CSS Features in Responsive Web Design
Chapter 12. Designing Mobile Applications
Chapter 13. Targeting Mobile Devices and Touch
Chapter 14. Mobile Performance
Appendix A. CSS Selectors and Specificity