Over 120 recipes to help manage and administrate Exchange Server 2013 with PowerShell 3 with this book and ebook
- Newly updated and improved for Exchange Server 2013 and PowerShell 3
- Learn how to write scripts and functions, schedule scripts to run automatically, and generate complex reports with PowerShell
- Manage and automate every element of Exchange Server 2013 with PowerShell such as mailboxes, distribution groups, and address lists
Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 is a complex messaging system. Windows PowerShell 3 can be used in conjunction with Exchange Server 2013 to automate and manage routine and complex tasks to save time, money, and eliminate errors.
Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 PowerShell Cookbook: Second Edition offers more than 120 recipes and solutions to everyday problems and tasks encountered in the management and administration of Exchange Server. If you want to write scripts that help you create mailboxes, monitor server resources, and generate detailed reports, then this Cookbook is for you.
This practical guide to Powershell and Exchange Server 2013 will help you automate and manage time-consuming and reoccurring tasks quickly and efficiently. Starting by going through key PowerShell concepts and the Exchange Management Shell, this book will get you automating tasks that used to take hours in no time.
With practical recipes on the management of recipients and mailboxes as well as distribution groups and address lists, this book will save you countless hours on repetitive tasks. Diving deeper, you will then manage your mailbox database, client access, and your transport servers with simple but effective scripts.
This book finishes with advanced recipes on Exchange Server problems such as server monitoring as well as maintaining high availability and security. If you want to control every aspect of Exchange Server 2013 and learn how to save time with PowerShell, then this cookbook is for you.
What you will learn from this book
- New features and capabilities of PowerShell 3 and Exchange Server 2013
- Get to grips with the core PowerShell concepts required to master the Exchange Management Shell such as pipelining, working with objects, formatting output, and writing scripts
- Use simple PowerShell scripts and commands for powerful effect
- Monitor server resources including CPU, memory, disk, event logs, and more using PowerShell
- Generate detailed reports, send the output of commands in e-mail messages, and schedule scripts to run automatically
- Import, export, move mailboxes, and delete messages from mailboxes using the command line
- Configure transport server settings such as mail relay, tracking logs, transport rules, delivery reports, and more
- Manage mailbox and public folder databases
This book is written in a Cookbook-style format and provides practical, immediately usable task-based recipes that show you how to manage and maintain your Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 environment with Windows PowerShell 3. Each chapter of the book is written so that it can be used as a desktop reference, or it can be read from beginning to end, allowing you to build a solid foundation for building scripts in your Exchange environment.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: PowerShell Key Concepts
Chapter 2: Exchange Management Shell Common Tasks
Chapter 3: Managing Recipients
Chapter 4: Managing Mailboxes
Chapter 5: Distribution Groups and Address Lists
Chapter 6: Mailbox Database Management
Chapter 7: Managing Client Access
Chapter 8: Managing Transport Service
Chapter 9: High Availability
Chapter 10: Exchange Security
Chapter 11: Compliance and Audit Logging
Chapter 12: Server Monitoring and Troubleshooting
Chapter 13: Scripting with the Exchange Web Services Managed API
Appendix A: Common Shell Information
Appendix B: Query Syntaxes