Successfully implement Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013 with easy-to-follow instructions and examples
- Plan, install, and implement Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013 with real-world advice from a Microsoft Dynamics GP MVP
- Learn how to set up the core modules in Microsoft Dynamics GP effectively following detailed, step-by-step instructions
- Discover additional tools and resources available for your Dynamics GP
Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013 is a sophisticated Enterprise Resource Planning system with a multitude of features and options. The implementation of Dynamics GP is usually considered to be complex, and can be very confusing for both end users and consultants. Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013 Implementation will show you how to effectively implement Dynamics GP 2013 with ease.
"Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013 Implementation" is a focused, step-by-step tutorial covering the basics of Microsoft Dynamics GP, from licensing to design, before moving on to more complex topics such as implementation planning, installation, setup, and training. Learn how to plan and execute your Dynamics GP implementation from start to finish.
You will start off by learning how to plan a successful Dynamics GP 2013 implementation. You will then move on to learn the important questions to ask, the key setup details that should be decided upfront, and how to plan the infrastructure. Detailed descriptions of all the setup options for the core Dynamics GP modules as well as practical advice on setup will guide you through the myriad of options available in this powerful application. This book will also cover how to import initial data and how to find out what additional resources and tools are available for Microsoft Dynamics GP.
With many detailed and practical examples, "Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013" Implementation will help you plan and complete a successful Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013 implementation.
What you will learn from this book
- Put together an effective implementation team and discover key concepts for an effective implementation
- Plan out the details of your Dynamics GP implementation
- Navigate through infrastructure choices and planning
- Install SQL Server 2012 and Dynamics GP 2013 with ease
- Understand the meaning of setup options for the core Dynamics GP modules such as General Ledger, Bank Reconciliation, Payables Management, Receivables Management, and more
- Learn about important concepts for training users on Microsoft Dynamics GP by planning whom, when, and how many users to train
- Discover additional resources and tools available for Dynamics GP
A step-by-step guide for planning and carrying out your Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013 implementation. Detailed descriptions and illustrations of setup screens and practical examples and advice are included for the Dynamics GP system and core modules.
Who this book is written for
If you are a new or existing Microsoft Dynamics GP consultant or an end user who wants to implement, install, and set up core modules of Dynamics GP 2013, then this book is for you. A basic understanding of business management systems and either Dynamics GP or a similar application is recommended.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Application Structure and Licensing
Chapter 2: Planning – Business Requirements
Chapter 3: Planning – Dynamics GP System
Chapter 4: Planning – Infrastructure
Chapter 5: Installation of SQL Server, Dynamics GP, and Integration Manager
Chapter 6: System and Company Setup
Chapter 7: Module Setup – General Ledger, Bank Reconciliation, Payables, and Receivables
Chapter 8: Module Setup – Inventory, SOP, and POP
Chapter 9: Populating Initial Data
Chapter 10: Training, Tools, and Next Steps
Appendix: General Ledger Account Categories