Secure and efficient functioning of your DirectAccess environment
- Learn how to make Manage Out work for your DirectAccess clients without compromising your network
- Learn how to understand enormous logfiles along with common troubleshooting criteria
- Explore some unique troubleshooting scenarios and learn the solutions
- Includes illustrations and screenshots with clear, step-by-step instructions and examples from the field
DirectAccess is an amazing Microsoft technology that is truly the evolution of VPN; any Microsoft-centric shop needs this technology. DirectAccess is an automatic remote access solution that takes care of everything from planning to deployment.
Microsoft DirectAccess Best Practices and Troubleshooting will provide you with the precise steps you need to take for the very best possible implementation of DirectAccess in your network. You will find answers to some of the most frequently asked questions from administrators and explore unique troubleshooting scenarios that you will want to understand in case they happen to you.
Microsoft DirectAccess Best Practices and Troubleshooting outlines best practices for configuring DirectAccess in any network. You will learn how to configure Manage Out capabilities to plan, administer, and deploy DirectAccess client computers from inside the corporate network. You will also learn about a couple of the lesser-known capabilities within a DirectAccess environment and the log information that is available on the client machines.
This book also focuses on some specific cases that portray unique or interesting troubleshooting scenarios that DirectAccess administrators may encounter. By describing the problem, the symptoms, and the fixes to these problems, the reader will be able to gain a deeper understanding of the way DirectAccess works and why these external influences are important to the overall solution.
What you will learn from this book
- Prepare your DirectAccess server to adhere to best practice standards
- Configure the environment correctly so that it is prepared to help, not hinder, your implementation
- Implement certificates to be used with DirectAccess with precession
- Learn how to tame ISATAP and make it work for you
- Train your brain to read those huge logfiles in less than ten seconds
- Journey through advanced troubleshooting scenarios
- Diagnose real-world problems for situations taken directly from the field
- Get your IPv4 applications working over DirectAccess
This book covers best practices and acts as a complete guide to DirectAccess and automatic remote access.
Who this book is written for
Microsoft DirectAccess Best Practices and Troubleshooting is an ideal guide for any existing or future DirectAccess administrator and system administrators who are working on Windows Server 2012. This book will also be beneficial for someone with a basic knowledge of networking and deployment of Microsoft operating systems and software who wants to learn the intricacies of DirectAccess and its interfaces.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: DirectAccess Server Best Practices
Chapter 2: DirectAccess Environmental Best Practices
Chapter 3: Configuring Manage Out to DirectAccess Clients
Chapter 4: General DirectAccess Troubleshooting
Chapter 5: Unique DirectAccess Troubleshooting Scenarios