For freshman/sophomore, 2-semester or 2–3 quarter courses in Finite Math & Applied Calculus or Mathematics for Business.
A strong foundation and logical progression through finite math and calculus
The unique organization of Mathematics with Applications in the Management, Natural, and Social Sciences gives students four chapters of college algebra, rather than the usual two, before moving into finite math and calculus. From there, the authors build upon familiar foundations and then move to new concepts; students are shown concrete examples before learning general rules and formulas.
With an ongoing focus on real-world problem solving, almost every section in the 12th Edition includes relevant, contemporary applications and fine-tuned pedagogical devices. A prior course in basic algebra is assumed.
Also available with MyLab Math
By combining trusted authors’ content with digital tools and a flexible platform, MyLab™ personalizes the learning experience and improves results for each student.
Note: You are purchasing a standalone product; MyLab Math does not come packaged with this content. Students, if interested in purchasing this title with MyLab Math, ask your instructor to confirm the correct package ISBN and Course ID. Instructors, contact your Pearson representative for more information.
If you would like to purchase both the physical text and MyLab Math, search for:
013486266X / 9780134862668 Mathematics with Applications and MyLab Math with Pearson eText -- Title-Specific Access Card Package, 12/e
Package consists of:
- 0134767624 / 9780134767628 Mathematics with Applications In the Management, Natural, and Social Sciences, 12/e
- 0134856554 / 9780134856551 MyLab Math with Pearson eText -- Standalone Access Card -- for Mathematics with Applications, 12/e
- Title: Mathematics with Applications In the Management, Natural, and Social Sciences, 12th Edition
- Author: Bernadette Mullins, John Holcomb, Margaret Lial, Thomas Hungerford
- Length: 936 pages
- Edition: 1
- Language: English
- Publisher: Pearson
- Publication Date: 2018-01-02
- ISBN-10: 0134767624
- ISBN-13: 9780134767628