- Learn how to use the MVVM software architectural pattern and see the benefits of using it with Windows Presentation Fountain (WPF)
- Learn which controls to use in particular situations and the various ways to modify them when required
- Obtain a deep understanding of data validation and understand various methods that suit different situations
Windows Presentation Foundation is rich in possibilities when it comes to delivering an excellent user experience. This book will show you how to build professional-grade applications that look great and work smoothly.
We start by providing you with a foundation of knowledge to improve your workflow - this includes teaching you how to build the base layer of the application, which will support all that comes after it. We'll also cover the useful details of data binding. Next, we cover the user interface and show you how to get the most out of the built-in and custom WPF controls.
The final section of the book demonstrates ways to polish your applications, from adding practical animations and data validation to improving application performance. The book ends with a tutorial on how to deploy your applications and outlines potential ways to apply your new-found knowledge so you can put it to use right away. The book also covers 2D and 3D graphics, UI automation, and performance tuning.
What you will learn
- Use MVVM to improve workflow
- Create visually stunning user interfaces
- Perform data binds proficiently
- Implement advanced data validation
- Locate and resolve errors quickly
- Master practical animations
- Improve your applications' performance
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. A Smarter Way of Working with WPF
Chapter 2. Debugging WPF Applications
Chapter 3. Writing Custom Application Frameworks
Chapter 4. Becoming Proficient with Data Binding
Chapter 5. Using the Right Controls for the Job
Chapter 6. Mastering Practical Animations
Chapter 7. Creating Visually Appealing User Interfaces
Chapter 8. Implementing Responsive Data Validation
Chapter 9. Completing That Great User Experience
Chapter 10. Improving Application Performance
Chapter 11. Deploying Your Masterpiece Application
Chapter 12. What Next?