Mastering VMware vSphere 6.5: Leverage the power of vSphere for effective virtualization, administration, management and monitoring of data centers
- This new edition is based on vSphere 6.5 and covers new features in different areas, including management, security, scalability, availability and more
- Design, deploy and manage VMware datacenters
- Implement monitoring and security of VMware workloads with ease
VMware vSphere 6.5 provides a powerful, flexible and secure foundation for next generation applications which helps you create effective digital transformation. This book is based on VMware vSphere 6.5 which empowers you to virtualize complex applications with ease.
You'll begin by getting an overview of all the products, solutions and features of the vSphere 6.5 suite, comparing any changes with previous releases. Next, you'll design and plan a virtualization infrastructure to drive planning and performance analysis. Following this, you'll proceed with workflow and installation of components. New network trends are also covered which will help you in optimally designing the vSphere environment. You will also learn the practices and procedures involved in configuring and managing virtual machines in a vSphere infrastructure. With vSphere 6.5, you'll make use of significantly more powerful capabilities for patching, upgrading, and managing the configuration of the virtual environment. Next we'll focus on specific availability and resiliency solutions in vSphere.
Towards the end of the book you'll discover how to save your configuration, data and workload from your virtual infrastructure. By the end of the book you'll have learnt about VMware vSphere 6.5 right from design through to deployment and management.
What you will learn
- Get a deep understanding of vSphere 6.5 functionalities
- Design and plan a virtualization environment based on vSphere 6.5
- Manage and administer a vSphere 6.5 environment and resources
- Get tips for the VCP6DCV and VCIX6DCV exams (along with use of the vSphere 6 documentation)
- Implement different migration techniques to move your workload across different environments
- Save your configuration, data and workload from your virtual infrastructure
Who This Book Is For
If you're an administrator, infrastructure engineer, IT architect, or an IT consultant and analyst who already has basic knowledge of VMware vSphere and now want to master it, then this book is for you.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. Evolution of VMware vSphere Suite
Chapter 2. Design and Plan a Virtualization Infrastructure
Chapter 3. Analysis and Assessment of an Existing Environment
Chapter 4. Deployment Workflow and Component Installation
Chapter 5. Configuring and Managing vSphere 6.5
Chapter 6. Advanced Network Management
Chapter 7. Advanced Storage Management
Chapter 8. Advanced VM and Resource Management
Chapter 9. Monitoring, Optimizing, and Troubleshooting
Chapter 10. Securing and Protecting Your Environment
Chapter 11. Lifecycle Management, Patching, and Upgrading
Chapter 12. Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery
Chapter 13. Advanced Availability in vSphere 6.5
Chapter 14. Data and Workloads Protection